SONY MHC-1600 Mini Hi-Fi Component System

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited August 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
SONY MHC-1600 Mini Hi-Fi Component System - Black - 10/10 - *SOLD* to Psovlsk

Here's a really cool all-in-one mini component system for a bedroom, sibling, garage or child's room. It's completely self contained with CDP, AM/FM Tuner, Dual Cassette Deck and Speakers. Yes, it has a full function remote control with brand new batteries.

It was a bit dusty but was never used by the original owner who was 70+ years old and a half-senile vinyl junkie but unwilling to part with anything else yet. I cleaned up all the connections with CAIG Pro-Gold, the cassette decks heads with high alcohol, lint free swabs and the rollers with CAIG CaiKleen.

While it's not going to change your life, it sounds pretty good. I can't find much on it but here are some spec's deciphered from the user manual. This is as nice as you'll find anywhere and was most assuredly cleaned up above and beyond what you would ever get stock or otherwise.

Specifications:

Speakers: 2-way bass reflex(rear ported) w/ 5" bass driver, 2" soft dome tweeter.

Frequency Response: 65hz-20khz

Sensitivity: 88dbm

Impedence: 6ohm

The Canadian version has a super tweeter, which I thought was neat.

User Manual: Manual MHC-1600

It will be packed to withstand a nuclear blast but considering it's all original packaging with soft bags for everything, in conjunction with my additional packing....it will survive anything.

Includes: Original everything except the user manual is in PDF format. All the cables and speakers wire needed are included so it's 100% plug and play.

S050061CHMS
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The cassette deck portion of the unit is 100% detacheable, seperate and if you don't need it, store it in the original box for later. I only had them stacked for the picture. The main body, amplifier and guts are all in the upper unit.

That way you just have the CDP, Tuner and a much smaller footprint. Also, the remote control is full function so you'll never touch anything but the actual CD you insert.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 106
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Does it have a turntable input?
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is the chassis for the CDP/tuner/amp metal? Looks really familiar to a Sony system I had in college. Throw in Zep III, set the alarm, drink a case of beer and be up for that 8 o'clock lecture.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    TomB wrote: »
    Does it have a turntable input?

Tom - Got your PM also. I was sick so I didn't get to it until now. It doesn't have a TT input but in usual Sony weirdness it has DAT and Video(Audio) Inputs. If there's anything else you need to knowm drop me a line, as I'm on the mend again.

It's being double checked and wrapped up today, so it would be great if I could get a label slapped on it for a trip out the door. Even the box is in great shape :smile:
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    Is the chassis for the CDP/tuner/amp metal? Looks really familiar to a Sony system I had in college. Throw in Zep III, set the alarm, drink a case of beer and be up for that 8 o'clock lecture.

Strider - Yes, metal chassis and could be exactly like what you owned. I commend you on your priorities as well :biggrin:
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Still available.

Tom - You still interested?
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I still have a 10-11 year old Sony MHC-NX1 that I put in my lab at work for everyone to listen to.

It's used on average of 9-10hrs a day and it still works fine... More than I can say for my Marantz DV-7600.

GLWTS, these are pretty decent little systems! :cool:
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, same here. I setup a sweet little setup for the office that probably gets more ear time than my home rig....ugh, it's depressing sometimes.
  • Gempler
    Gempler Posts: 307
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Click this link for the manual from SonyStyle: MHC-1600
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thank you Christopher.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 106
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sorry, Mark, I haven't visited the forum for a few days...

I checked the dimensions of the MHC-1600 (including the speakers), and I'm afraid the footprint is WAAAY too big for my application, even with the cassette deck section removed.

I'm gonna have to look at something smaller - maybe a Tivoli radio...

Thanks.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tom - No problem. I've heard that little radio and it's nice....you should check it out.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Still available....looking for a garage rig?
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2011
    Options
    $80/shipped. This would be a perfect rig for a spare room, office, pool area.....
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2011
    Options
    One last price reduction before they get set on fire.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,101
    edited August 2011
    Options
    For that price I can't resist. pm on the way.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Woot!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sold!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Psovlsk - I used the address on the check you sent me and it appears that you don't live their anymore. The new owner Marcus was very kind to call me and says he has it safe and sound. Do you want to run by and grab it? I have his phone number as well. Let me know what works best for you as I believe he mentioned you still live nearby. Sorry for the delay but that's what it was. You gave me the correct address in the PM, but I deleted it prior to writing that down so it's my fault and figured the check would have the same address.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,101
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The unit is now in my possession. Wanted to thank Mark for a nice little unit and a great packing job. The manufacture date on the unit is 1991, but I swear it looks as if it's never been out of the box. Very happy with this little guy.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden