Saaaale! Polk LSis, RT5, JBL E50, receivers

JimAckley
JimAckley Posts: 1,138
edited August 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
As you look at this, it may look like I'm renouncing my possessions and moving to Asia to become a monk. However, truth be told, I've gotta make room for some newer speakers. Local is easy and mucho preferred. Shipped is doable, but is going to be expensive since I don't have the original boxes (particularly for the LSi25s). and the buyer will have to pick up any shipping costs (I'll email the shipping receipt for proof of cost and tracking #). I'll do cash in person or PayPal.

LSi25 (pair, cherry, with upgraded crossover components, missing rubber feet but have spikes), $850
LSiC (with upgraded crossover components), $325
LSiFX (pair), $425
LSi7 (pair, have been desided, minor scratches on one cabinet), $250
PSW1000 (ebony, PowerPort end removed due to how much noise it added, missing spikes and rubber feet but I'll gladly include the isolation pad I kept it on), $500
RT5 (pair), $150
JBL E50 (pair, missing one grill, might still have original packaging). $175
Harmon Kardon HK 3480 (have original packaging) $285
Yamaha HTR-6320, $100
Kenwood VR-9070, $150 (worth more imo, but the display fades out on occasion. A whack to the top as if you're the Fonz makes it come back on)
- Computer Rig -
YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
Post edited by JimAckley on

Comments

• DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2011
    What's the condition of your LSi25's and LSiC, Jim? Scratch? Dent? Mint? How old are they?
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2011
    Hum, what happened to the TL250 & TL3 center?:confused:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    The right 25 has a nick in the top, which could be filled and touched up easily, but otherwise they're in phenomenal condition. I know the cloth is coming off of one of the LSi25 grills in one spot.

I decided I'm gonna hang on to the stones for a while, sorry Techno.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    edited May 2011
    Do you still have the sides that you took off of the LSi7's? If so, what color are they?

Also, are these LSi7's using the original (blue) woofers or the newer version (grey) woofers?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2011
    Jesus, if I lived in TX we would be talking about those 25's and the LSiC lol... GREAT deal for someone considering all the work has been done to these for you and from what I understand modding the LSi towers is a massive undertaking...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    BeefJerky wrote: »
    Do you still have the sides that you took off of the LSi7's? If so, what color are they?

Also, are these LSi7's using the original (blue) woofers or the newer version (grey) woofers?

I dont have have the sides and they all have blue woofers.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• maxima
    maxima Posts: 143
    edited May 2011
    Jim,
    I am very interested in the LSiFx speakers. Do you have any pics, what's their condition? Thanks,
    Eric
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited May 2011
    Pm sent.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    The FXs are in excellent condition, as is the Center. Here's some pics of the FXs.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited May 2011
    I would totally trade you my Taylo speakers for all of your speakers listed..
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2011
    You need to come WAY down on the RT5's, and drop them off over here.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2011
    and while you're coming down on price, you need to cut the price on that Harman kardon and just give that back to me...
  • maxima
    edited May 2011
    PM sent on LSiFX.
  • gwh
    edited May 2011
    Jim,

I didn't get any pics of the 25's.
    Also would like some more info on the xo upgrades.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    PM and email sent, gwh. Sorry for laggin.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited May 2011
    Yes Jim, lets get that info on the xover upgrade to the C as well, thanks.
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Righto. The LSiC had all of its resistors replaced with Mills resistors, and any value 18uf and below was replaced by Sonicaps. The 260uf cap was replaced by a pair of Solen 130uf caps. The inductors were left in place and were untouched. Because of the much larger size of the caps, the board was not re-mounted to the terminal cup, and I soldered on some slightly longer leads to give it some room to maneuver. The Solens were placed in the left side of the enclosure, behind the left woofer, and soldered using a long, but snug lead. I put polyfill in the enclosure to account for the loss in interior volume. Since nothing is screwed down, the polyfill also serves to hold the modded board and Solens in place. The pics were of course taken with the polyfill I added removed, but when its in place, it sits between the driver and the components, and somewhat emcompasses the components.

If you'd like one with the grill on, I can take it.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Also, I'd be happy to go ahead and mod the 7s or FXs, if any buyer wants to pay for the parts.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    JimAckley wrote: »
    Also, I'd be happy to go ahead and mod the 7s or FXs, if any buyer wants to pay for the parts.

Semi off-topic but has anyone ever modded the Fx's?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Not to my knowledge. Prior to hearing LSiMs, I had the full intention of modding the rest of my system. It's all the same principle: remove and replace resistors and capacitors. In the case of 9s and 15s, remove and replace the inductors too.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    edited May 2011
    What, you got new Polk flagship fever?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    sucks2beme wrote: »

LOL...hes been demo'in the LSi 9 replacements (703's) and will be in line for the LSi 25 replacements (707's).....

so he's got the fever and the pictures to prove it lol....
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    sucks2beme wrote: »

When I get my hands on the 707s, you're more than welcome to come over and hear them. You'll be diagnosed in no-time as well :biggrin: It's worth noting that I'm only getting 703s, but when you've got the option of playing with 707s, why pass it up?
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• gwh
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the pics!
    Bump.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• maxima
    edited May 2011
    Semi off-topic but has anyone ever modded the Fx's?

I am looking to mod some Fx's pretty soon. Face and I have talked about this via PM. As I mentioned previously he has considerable experience with LSi mods but the Fx's to my knowledge are uncharted territory as the schematics aren't readily available.

Jim, sorry for the threadjack.
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Face is a great guy to talk to about the mods. I'll email you the schematic.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• maxima
    edited May 2011
    Face knows his stuff! He will hopefully be modding some LSiFx's for me as he performed the mods on my other LSi's. I have one pair currently. Buying your Fx's would give me two sets which should work great when I get finished building my theater.
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    email sent

Running two sets of FXs...? I'm not to keen on using them as back surrounds. IMO 7s or 9s are better suited, but that's just one man's opinion.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• maxima
    edited May 2011
    Got the schematic, thanks! I had not really considered LSi 7's or 9's for rear surrounds. I thought I would just select bipole or dipole on the LSiFx's depending on what kind of effect I'm after. My wife prefers the look of the Fx's over the LSi 7's (our son has the LSi 7's). LSi 7's would definitely be cheaper though. I appreciate your honest response. I'm gonna have to think a bit about this but I still may want your Fx's over the 7's. Thanks gain,
    Eric
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    maxima wrote: »
    Got the schematic, thanks! I had not really considered LSi 7's or 9's for rear surrounds. I thought I would just select bipole or dipole on the LSiFx's depending on what kind of effect I'm after. My wife prefers the look of the Fx's over the LSi 7's (our son has the LSi 7's). LSi 7's would definitely be cheaper though. I appreciate your honest response. I'm gonna have to think a bit about this but I still may want your Fx's over the 7's. Thanks gain,
    Eric

Well that's where I really love my LSi7s. When desided, they match the FXs extremely well, not to mention you can put them on some mounts where you can angle them precisely how you want instead of a static wall mount.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -