LSiM Private Polk Member Showing - May 21st McKinney, TX

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
As promised, as a follow up to the LSAF meet and for the local members that didn't get a chance to make it, or left their media at home, this is your LAST chance until Captial Audio Fest to hear the new LSiM.

My home will be open on THIS Saturday (the 21st) from 10am until whenever the suds and mash run out. If that happens to be 2am, I'm fine with that. I'll have the LSiM707 and LSiM703 setup and tweaked, in a large room at my house. This is your chance to get intimate with the speakers in a proper setting, and you can take as much time as you like with them. I'll also be using a much more expensive, and much more powerful amplifier than at LSAF.

Please post here or pm me for address / contact info - if possible, I'd like to have some sort of heads up from those planning to attend on estimated arrival times (if no one is showing up until mid afternoon, I'll find something else to do that morning). Basic refreshements will be here, soda, sammiches, beer etc. I'm even willing to assist with reasonable accomodations for out of towners or drunkards on a limited basis.

There will be a raffle for Blackstone speakers for those in attendance. I have a separate list of Polkies that attended LSAF, and I will hold a separate drawing for them also. TL2? TL3? Wireless F/X? Guess you will have to show up and see! I'd like to do the drawing with everyone, or at least a group here at the same time.

Any questions, pm or post here, I've already 'un-stuck' the LSAF thread, I'll 'stick' this one for a week - after that, it's all Capital Audio Fest and Polkfest.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thats damn cool of you , wish I lived closer I would attend.
    Good luck with the event.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2011
    Options
    FAAAAAAAAAK...I want to go. I want to hear these.

I'd be splayed out on Russ's couch like Jaba the Hut just straight wackin' it like a cave man trying to start a fire.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Did you run the 703 at the show Russ?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • newsman
    newsman Posts: 198
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I believe LSiM703 was on static display only during the show. So this would be a good chance to audition them.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is this something you guys want me to do? I hear the crickets chirping so far.....

Troy you owe me a visit anyway.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Man I wish I was closer to Texas lol....

The LSiM's are something I def want to check out....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • newsman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hey Russ.
    I'm definitely in! Send me an address via PM. I was thinking to start about 2-3pm if that works out. Already had my Saturday reserved with my family :biggrin:

To all you guys - I suggest you take Russ up on this opportunity. This should be the next best thing to demoing LSiM in your home. I'll bring my Sony 555ES player with me to spin SACDs, so that's like double win! If not - I'll have Russ demo all to myself! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've got so much other crap I need to be doing that day....

Screw it, I'm down for a couple hours or so. I'll have the wife drop me off and go shopping for a couple hours, or I'll sneak out while she's down at the pool :-)

Either way I'm in, and probably early afternoon works best for me as well, so RuSs put me on the list.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok, so far we will fire up around 1 or 2, and we'll keep going from there. That works for me. I'll send a group pm on Friday with details. Plus, Danny, that will make it easier for you to deliver those Hales (to me).

Cheers,
    Russ
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Count me in. Should be there around 12 ish or whenever you want folks to start showing up. Since I won the RTi6's last time around, I'll remove myself from contention for the drawings.
  • newsman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Should be a fan day. I plan on bringing a case of beer with me. If it's too low brow for you guys, I'll bring a bottle of a really cheap cognac :biggrin:

Russ, can you go over what the front end will be for the LSiMs? Is it also going to be wired with Cardas?
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I just realized that Russ has chosen the 'end of the world' date for the Polk home Demo? I hope you have some appropriate tunes for that unprecedented display of Polk's NEW world-ending speakers! The LSI-Ms, that is!

Good call!

Enjoy yourselves!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'll be sure and bring my REM CD
  • newsman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh right, I forgot about that!
    In that case I'll bring Paris Hilton CD. And we'll finish off the day with the "Friday" song.

It's Friday, Friday
    Gotta get down on Friday!!! :biggrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't think so.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    newsman wrote: »
    Oh right, I forgot about that!
    In that case I'll bring Paris Hilton CD. And we'll finish off the day with the "Friday" song.

It's Friday, Friday
    Gotta get down on Friday!!! :biggrin:

So thats where Glee got that song from.... and very glad I didnt know where or who it was from lol.....

Can they go back to the Fleetwood Mac and Aerosmith stuff lol... I liked that better :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Russ, can you go over what the front end will be for the LSiMs? Is it also going to be wired with Cardas?

Cognac? Gross.

The front end will be my best tube preamp, the Melos SHA-1 with matched Westinghouse 6922's, the BIG Operetta AP2300AX Class A amplifier, and the Operetta CD1000. I'll have slots open for other sources, I think someone wanted to hear SACD and is bringing a player.

Cardas, of course.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    edited May 2011
    Options
    russ, not sure yet but put me down for directions.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've got some tubes for you, if that influences your decision at all.
  • newsman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So thats where Glee got that song from.... and very glad I didnt know where or who it was from lol.....
    Actually it's by a certain feisty 13 year-old Rebecca Black.
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Cognac? Gross.

...I'll have slots open for other sources, I think someone wanted to hear SACD and is bringing a player.

Cardas, of course.

First, it depends on a cognac. Second, Guilty as charged! And finally, got any Clear cord laying around? :wink:

Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
    Friday, Friday
    Gettin' down on Friday
    Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend
    :tongue:
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Actually it's by a certain feisty 13 year-old Rebecca Black.

Still doesnt make it any better lol......
  • newsman
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To what? Pm will go out later today. Looks like 2ish to start.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cognac?

Is this an Oprah Winfrey event??

Bourbon is the official drink of Polk Audio. Neat. Just like Polk Audio. No BS. All about effect. High speed, low drag.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Skip, you bringing more Wild Turkey? :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Someone bring a handle of Beam Ill reimburse. Not able to get to the store tonight. Ive got suds ans grub lined up.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Tweaking now, furniture has been moved for the best possible, balanced setup. So far the bass is mind blowing at the chair, and 20 ft back in the kitchen. These things (707's) need a BIG room, period. Had a tube issue, solved.

Make it a double, neat. I'll have this buttoned up for yous guys in no time.
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'll snag some Jim. Can't wait to see and hear them! Want me to drag along my 25s for comparison sake?
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Negative. These things are like small refridgerators, I don't plan on moving them again. I don't even know why anyone would want to hear the 703. ;)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It needs a handle on it. Period. Just like my life.