Will Polk db Sub grills fit other brand sub?

Options
tresvatos
tresvatos Posts: 6
edited May 2011 in Custom Fabrication
Hello.. I have two Polk db Sub Grills that I would like to use on Kicker Marine Subs..Normal Kicker comps use a broad lip around the sub, but the marine grade subs have a normal slim lip/rim. I am having to use kicker because I am stuck going with Free-Amp application in a boat. Polk does not provide free-air subs at the moment. Does anyone have any idea if my Pok Db subwoofer grills should fit the kicker Marine Subwoofers.. I have ordered the subwoofers, but if my grills will fit I would like to go ahead and paint them to match my other Polk Grills in the boat.. By the way i have 12 speakers in my boat all are polk.. i really wish Polk made a free- air tolerant subwoofer.. I have 4 -6.5", 2-5.25", 2-6x9", and 4 db tweeters..all polk.. the 6x9s are being replaced with the 10" Kicker ( i hate this ) subs...Thanks for your help! Greg
Post edited by tresvatos on

Comments

• Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, if you already ordered/have all the parts might as well just wait a few days for them to be delievered and see how they fit (btw please do report back, i have a bunch of db grills lol)

What amps and how many of them u got powering all those speakes??? and how many subs are you getting? Never did boat installs, just curious how they are usually "set-up"
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • tresvatos
    tresvatos Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have sony Xplod for mids and pioneer small amp for highs and a Pionner Digital 800 watt max amp for the Subs that will hopefully be going in the Sony Amp is one of the older Xplod amps that is red..I believe it may put out 50 watts x 4 ..
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So do they fit?
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1