Midwest/Indiana Members meet #2

Comments

• dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited May 2011
    Noone else is interested!? I think this is going to be a great time!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • byfthalone
    byfthalone Posts: 345
    edited May 2011
    I might be able to come, but I am so new to this I might not be able to add much to the mix.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2011
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    Noone else is interested!? I think this is going to be a great time!

Don

I am down of course :smile:
    byfthalone wrote: »
    I might be able to come, but I am so new to this I might not be able to add much to the mix.

Another set of ears is always welcomed :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    So this is what I have for the list of attendee's. Now is a great time to get in on this. Lots of good gear going to be there and great way to aquire gear as well.

Anyone that has gear for sale please post it.

I know dcmartinpc has a set of Monitor 70's and SDA's of some sort up for sale.

Date: Sunday May 22nd
    Time: 10-6 (John let me know if thats too long or not)
    RSVP'd Attendee's: John (NooshinJohn), Dan (EndersShadow) & Tasha (his wife), Don (dcmartinpc), Mike (SolidSqual)

Possible Shows: Jeff (IndyHawg), byfthalone (Real Name???)

Out: Matt (SilverTuner)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • byfthalone
    edited May 2011
    just got the day off so I will be a definate ....btw...name is Neal
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    just got the day off so I will be a definate ....btw...name is Neal

Awesome, looking forward to meetin you Neal!
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Updated list as of 5/10

Time: 10-6
    RSVP'd Attendee's: John (NooshinJohn), Dan (EndersShadow) & Tasha (his wife), Don (dcmartinpc), Mike (SolidSqual), byfthalone (Neal)

Possible Shows: Jeff (IndyHawg)

Out: Matt (SilverTuner)
    [/QUOTE]
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited May 2011
    The date is still good with me, but the house will be cleaned out pretty good by then as we will be moving the week following.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    The date is still good with me, but the house will be cleaned out pretty good by then as we will be moving the week following.

Awesome. Thanks again for hosting for the meet at your house.Regarding your place, as long as we got a place to sit and the audio gear still hooked up we should be fine.

I can bring camping chairs w/ me if needed as well should the furniture be packed away.

Just a check before I lug them up, anyone interested in hearing the LSi 15's w/ the db840 mod? I also still have the stock drivers so we might be able to switch one out and do a side by side if anyones interested, otherwise those baby's will stay home.

BTW John tell your wife congrats on graduating this week. I know you are both glad that part of things is at least over lol....

For future reference/upcoming meetings if I have enough notice I can secure my apartment's clubhouse at no cost. Its a pretty nice facility, and has a full service kitchen and access to the pool.

So any future meets will more than likely be held at this location (this upcoming one I didnt think to check on this and the venue was reserved already), baring a better one. For you out of state guys, basically its right where 865 hits 465 West. For you Indy guys its by the Pyramids :smile:
  • byfthalone
    edited May 2011
    this might be important....exactly where is this being held?
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    this might be important....exactly where is this being held?

NooshinJohns house in West Lafayette, Indiana. As the date gets closer we will get the address to those who havent been there before.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Bump again.

Cmon Midwest fella's step up and lets all get together for some fun music & gear. April 22nd is fast approaching

We have some folks showing up for sure, but for those of us like myself that dont have tons of access to great gear, or are new to the hobby its a great time to get together and demo stuff.

If you have stuff to sell maybe you can find yourself a buyer there. Anyone looking to sell some items feel free to post them here.

Right now we will have access to Johns Magneplanar MMG's, SDA's. We can spin some vinly, throw in some CD's whatever. Feel free to bring a Demo CD if you want, or some Vinyl.

@John: I figured I would bring the plates, napkins, utensils, ect and some 2 liters. Let me know if you need me to bring anything else or if you want me to show up a bit early to help setup.
  • byfthalone
    edited May 2011
    dang...missed it....thought it was May 22nd....LOL
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    dang...missed it....thought it was May 22nd....LOL

It is lol......my bad fellas....

So you still got time heheh

May 22nd!!!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2011
    It is lol......my bad fellas....

So you still got time heheh

May 22nd!!!!!

We are still a go on my end, and I thank you -Shadow for running the lead on this as I prepare the move. This will be the last I get to hear my rig for the next several months, so I intend on sending it out with a bang!:biggrin:(not literally I hope!)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    We are still a go on my end, and I thank you -Shadow for running the lead on this as I prepare the move. This will be the last I get to hear my rig for the next several months, so I intend on sending it out with a bang!:biggrin:(not literally I hope!)

No worries John, you got more than enough on your plate and I am more than happy to take it off your plate....
  • byfthalone
    edited May 2011
    Just about a week away...being I am one of the newbies I really don't have anything to bring as far as equipment is comcerned that you'd like to see or listen to but is there anything else I can bring? I know you'd talked about it being from 10 to 6 or so...beverages? adult or otherwise? let me know.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Just about a week away...being I am one of the newbies I really don't have anything to bring as far as equipment is comcerned that you'd like to see or listen to but is there anything else I can bring? I know you'd talked about it being from 10 to 6 or so...beverages? adult or otherwise? let me know.

If anything do yourself a favor and bring a CD with music you are extremely familiar with so you can get your ears on the differences in gear. If there is a specific adult beverage you want, you might want to bring it. I will be drinking soda only myself but others are more than welcome to brink adult beverages and indulge.

I think John and I and possibly IndyHawg (Jeff) will take care of food just because we are all quite close.

Cmon guys, how often we need some attendance here. Step up and come have some fun listening to vinyl, good gear, ribbons, SDA's.

We will probably do some cable swapping between the infamous "MITs" and some Audioquest wires I made. We have some power wires to swap in and out and some other fun stuff.

I also plan to bring a CSi5 box to Karma off to attendee's. It only needs the drivers and crossover, I ordered the powerport and trim rings and its not worth returning them. I can even give you the part numbers and cost of the drivers and crossovers :smile:

If your planning on coming please post so we can get a count for food.

May 22nd - 10 - 6

@John: What are you thinking on food? Order Pizza again or grill out or what?

@IndyHawg: let me know if your still coming and I will give you a call later this week and we can figure out some of the food stuff.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2011
    Pizza works... but if the weather is nice, we will light the grill for sure.

• newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited May 2011
    ok, so I think I'll be there. Since I'm half way through my move I havent been able to hear my gear in a LONG time so it'd be nice to let it out and breath. I'd really like to bring my Emerald Physics but I'd probably have to bring the amps and preamp as well because they need to be biamped and the system requires balanced cables so it may be tough to do... the boxes are BIG and its a long drive.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    newrival wrote: »
    ok, so I think I'll be there. Since I'm half way through my move I havent been able to hear my gear in a LONG time so it'd be nice to let it out and breath. I'd really like to bring my Emerald Physics but I'd probably have to bring the amps and preamp as well because they need to be biamped and the system requires balanced cables so it may be tough to do... the boxes are BIG and its a long drive.

Awesome! Glad you will be able to make it.

Regarding gear, bring whatever you want but if you dont mind if you could bring your HRT streamer (I think you have one) and maybe the A5's if you can....

I would love to get an ear on the HRT. If you do I will bring my laptop with Media Monkey, FLAC files and we can have some fun w/ it.....
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Updated list as of 5/14

RSVP'd Attendee's: John (NooshinJohn), Dan (EndersShadow) & Tasha (his wife), Don (dcmartinpc), Mike (SolidSqual), byfthalone (Neal), NewRival

Possible Shows: Jeff (IndyHawg)

Out: Matt (SilverTuner), Pittdogg2
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited May 2011
    i dont have an HRT, but i know someone who does.
    I may have a wyred 4 sound dac2 though. Although it may not get here in time.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    newrival wrote: »
    i dont have an HRT, but i know someone who does.
    I may have a wyred 4 sound dac2 though. Although it may not get here in time.

Gotcha, well if you could bring either that would be pretty cool, if not no worries.

Just glad your able to come!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited May 2011
    I'll be there. I may have to leave a little early though...4ish or so. Gotta lot of stuff to cram in next weekend, but I definately want to meet up with the Polkies.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    anonymouse wrote: »
    So what's the inventory of goodies to audition? I heard something about LSi-M's? Will those be on hand?

Right now its gonna be mostly 2 channel. I believe John will have most of his gear available if you want to listen to it (he can correct me if wrong).

He has a set of Magneplanar MMG's I am looking forward to listening to again. Also a set of SDA's (forget which kind).

We are going to do some kind of a MIT v homemade cable audition. I made my cable's similar to how slammin86 made his only using AudioQuest FLX 14/4 wire & GLS locking banana's.

I am going to bring my laptop loaded with a massive library of FLAC (lots of beetles stuff) to play with a USB to RCA converter (hopefully both an HRT and Wired4Sound DAC) being brought by newrival if he can.

Other than that I don't know who is bringing what gear.

It might be good for those attending to post what they would be willing to bring.

@IndyHawg: I wouldn't mind hearing the CD player you acquired recently, might be fun to get it on the Maggies.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    I am getting tempted however to bring up my modded LSi15's to run off John's Carver Silver 7t's to see how some real power makes em sound :smile:. I just dont wanna deal with the transportation headache they are lol
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Ok so to make this all easier for all of us to see who has what gear here is what I would like you to do. If you are coming please post all your gear, or gear you have access to (even if its in your signature) you wouldn't mind brining with you. This will just make it easier on everyone. If when posting your gear you see something in someone else?s post you would like to hear, quote their post and remove all items but what you are requesting that person bring. Feel free to quote multiple postings.

In addition if you would use my post below as a template it might make things go easier:

Pre-amps: None
    Amps: Carver AV705x
    Speakers: None
    Source: Laptop w/ MediaMonkey for FLAC playback. Also willing to install WinAmp if we want testing on different playback programs
    Cables (Interconnect or Speaker): Signal Cable Analog 2, Audioquest Custom speaker cables, Monoprice Interconnects
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Updated list as of 5/16

RSVP'd Attendee's: John (NooshinJohn), Dan (EndersShadow) & Tasha (his wife), Don (dcmartinpc), Mike (SolidSqual), Jeff (IndyHawg), byfthalone (Neal), NewRival
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited May 2011
    Here is my gear:

Amp: NAD 2600
    Pre: NAD 1300
    CD: Carver Tube
    Cassette: Nakamichi RX200
    Speakers: Klipsch Forte II, Norman Lab 82, Polk 5Jr