Midwest/Indiana Members meet #2

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
So this is part two. I had such a blast at the first meet and some folks were unable to make it, so I thought I would throw it out there again as to if we wanted to do another meet.

The date from the first thread that was thrown out for this was May 1. For me personally that wouldnt work soo well since it's Mothers Day (whats bad about that is I didnt even know that, my wife had to tell me :redface:). If it works for the rest of you, then go for it.

Saturdays and Sundays work best for me personally. I know one of our Midwest Members is moving sometime in late May.

I will not speak up for anyone as to where to host it so if you can put up with a bunch of Polkies at your place and have the room, speak up :biggrin:.

I say lets just assume its a 10-6 time frame. That allows for more than enough time for setup of different gear.

There is a distinct possiblity I will have some new gear, and slightly modded to boot to bring.

Again any weekend works but for May 1st currently for me. It doesnt even have to be in May. So lets see if we can work this out again!
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2011
    If my place works, so be it, but it will not be available after the second week of May due to my Wife's graduation from Purdue and the requisite guests from out of town.. Afterwards, the packing for our move to California begins.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    If my place works, so be it, but it will not be available after the second week of May due to my Wife's graduation from Purdue and the requisite guests from out of town.. Afterwards, the packing for our move to California begins.

Didn't want to speak for you on that. So basically up until May 8 we could possibly use your place. At that point the venue must change.

I assume Sundays still work best for you?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited April 2011
    Like I mentioned before, May 1st is a no go, but I think May 8th would work.

Let me know, I would really like to come this time :)

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Didn't want to speak for you on that. So basically up until May 8 we could possibly use your place. At that point the venue must change.

I assume Sundays still work best for you?

This is correct. I would love to get some of the Illinois/Ohio/Michigan folks involved as well. This should be a huge party!:tongue:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    This is correct. I would love to get some of the Illinois/Ohio/Michigan folks involved as well. This should be a huge party!:tongue:

Yes it should, because we need to send you out on a high note since once you get to Cali all we are going to see is lots of this :mad::frown: from you :tongue.

And I agree, I want more IL, Ohio, MI folks to be able to make it.

I am thinking May 8 would be the best.

You have a PM on some possible fun details for the meet.....
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    I am trying to get some LSI-M's on hand for it....

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    I am trying to get some LSI-M's on hand for it....

If that wont bring out the Midwest Polkies nothing will (since beer and food will already be at the event lol).....
  • dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    May 8th would be awesome. If I could get my ears on some LSiM's that might just make it a perfect trip...

If anyone is interested, I could bring my Parasound HCA-3500 and/or the HCA-2200II. Let me know. I also have an Adcom GFP-750 and I might be able to grab the SDA CRS+ if anyone wants to hear them.

I would love to sell my SDA 1C's. There is a for sale thread on here if anyone is interested. I am working on a deal for the Monitor 70's right now, if that falls through, those will be available too. Also in the for sale thread.

I might have a pair of LSi9's for sale too.... We will see. Haven't decided on those yet.

John, are you still selling the 2.3tl's?

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

• silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited April 2011
    i SHOULD be free the 8th. wont have anything to bring, but can always get finger prints on other gear i suppose. as long as nothing blows up before then i should be able to make it.

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    May 8th would be awesome. If I could get my ears on some LSiM's that might just make it a perfect trip...

If anyone is interested, I could bring my Parasound HCA-3500 and/or the HCA-2200II. Let me know. I also have an Adcom GFP-750 and I might be able to grab the SDA CRS+ if anyone wants to hear them.

I would love to sell my SDA 1C's. There is a for sale thread on here if anyone is interested. I am working on a deal for the Monitor 70's right now, if that falls through, those will be available too. Also in the for sale thread.

I might have a pair of LSi9's for sale too.... We will see. Haven't decided on those yet.

Don

The SDA's are still up for grabs, but by the time of the meet, I will have new crossovers installed....

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011

Don

I would love to hear SDA CRS+'s for sure. I also might be interested in the 9's but thats a really big might. Would possibly use them as surrounds to go with the 15's I am aquiring, but not sure if that would be a bit o' overkill for my setup....

Not sure how my Carver would like 4 4 ohm speakers lol.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    I would love to hear SDA CRS+'s for sure. I also might be interested in the 9's but thats a really big might. Would possibly use them as surrounds to go with the 15's I am aquiring, but not sure if that would be a bit o' overkill for my setup....

Not sure how my Carver would like 4 4 ohm speakers lol.

I would suspect your old Carver will be out of it's league with the LSi's in the same way it was with the Maggies.

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    I would suspect your old Carver will be out of it's league with the LSi's in the same way it was with the Maggies.

Yeah, that was my fear but who knows, maybe we will have the opportunity to test it lol. Realistically I probably need bi-pole di-pole speakers for my setup anyway....

Honestly I might some stuff up for sale, but not quite sure just yet. Depends on if we get some Maggies w/ my bonus or not.

If we get a set of Maggies I will be selling a HK 3490 and a set of speakers if not two. And I would be in the market for a USB Tube DAC (if one even exists) + a amp capable of driving the Maggies lol.....

Hell who knows, you guys are killing my attempts to save money lol....maybe its time to switch to geico
  • silvertuner
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, that was my fear but who knows, maybe we will have the opportunity to test it lol. Realistically I probably need bi-pole di-pole speakers for my setup anyway....

Honestly I might some stuff up for sale, but not quite sure just yet. Depends on if we get some Maggies w/ my bonus or not.

If we get a set of Maggies I will be selling a HK 3490 and a set of speakers if not two. And I would be in the market for a USB Tube DAC (if one even exists) + a amp capable of driving the Maggies lol.....

Hell who knows, you guys are killing my attempts to save money lol....maybe its time to switch to geico

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=usb+tube+dac&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=516400120970808668&sa=X&ei=5B2eTfLIN-S-0QHD55S2BA&ved=0CCoQ8wIwAA#

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
  • silvertuner
    edited April 2011
    LOL...imagine that, google works :wink:

?...................

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    ?...................

I was saying I shoulda just googled it lol...
  • silvertuner
    edited April 2011

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011

ba$tard....its normally me doing that to people lol.....
  • silvertuner
    edited April 2011
    ba$tard....its normally me doing that to people lol.....

ouch, my feelings

:biggrin:

psw125
    denon 1610
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    My wife enjoyed herself so much:eek: at the last meet that she eagerly gave her approval for us to meet at my place on the 8th of May!

Now that the date has been set, I would like to get a list of attendees together so we can start planning. BBQ is the plan so far, with burgers, brats and chicken **** on the menu, and I will have some cold beer ready....

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    My wife enjoyed herself so much:eek: at the last meet that she eagerly gave her approval for us to meet at my place on the 8th of May!

Now that the date has been set, I would like to get a list of attendees together so we can start planning. BBQ is the plan so far, with burgers, brats and chicken **** on the menu, and I will have some cold beer ready....

You know I am in (after I check with my wife :redface:). I would say my wife is as well. She also enjoyed herself quite a bit more than she expected lol.....

I will happily bring some soda's, cups, napkins, plates, utensils, ect and will bring some cash to cover some of the cost of food (provided I can make it).
  • Slinger182
    Slinger182 Posts: 512
    edited April 2011
    I was really hoping to be able to make this but that is Mother's day. Some day I'll get my ears on some SDAs or at least a proper 2 channel rig.
    Panny 55-st30 plasma
    Pioneer vsx-1121
    Parasound 2100 pre
    b&k tx4430 amp
    Oppo bdp-83
    Monster HTS 3500
    polk TSi500s Vr3 Fortress modded
    polk CS20 center channel Vr3 Castle modded
    polk Owm 3 surrounds
    polk PSW505
  • dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    I am almost definitely going to be there. I should be bringing my CRS+ and my Parasound HCA-3500, unless anyone wants me to bring anything else. Hopefully I will be bringing some speakers to sell :) Maybe even come home with a 2.3tl pair :) If I can beat John to his soldering iron that is...

Once we have a better list John, let me know what I can bring food/utensil wise...

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    I am almost definitely going to be there. I should be bringing my CRS+ and my Parasound HCA-3500, unless anyone wants me to bring anything else. Hopefully I will be bringing some speakers to sell :) Maybe even come home with a 2.3tl pair :) If I can beat John to his soldering iron that is...

Once we have a better list John, let me know what I can bring food/utensil wise...

Don

Man, John's gonna have a full 5.1 setup when we come, and maybe just a center and sub when we leave lol......

Well, he will still have the Maggies at least :wink:

Gonna be fun to hear the CRS+'s against his 2.3TL's....
  • dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I am curious too... But it wont happen unless I can sell some of my current speakers :( I just listed my SRS 2 (Pin/Blade). I hope those sell fairly quickly... I have 3 sets of Polk's for sale right now!

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    I have 3 sets of Polk's for sale right now!
    I assume you've got them on CL as well correct?
  • dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    I assume you've got them on CL as well correct?

I am actually trying to keep these off of craigslist if I can. I am almost to the point of putting them up there though. I won't have anyone but known Polkies with a good rep in my house though, I can tell you that :) Meeting in a brightly lit parking lot is the only way to go!

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    I am actually trying to keep these off of craigslist if I can. I am almost to the point of putting them up there though. I won't have anyone but known Polkies with a good rep in my house though, I can tell you that :) Meeting in a brightly lit parking lot is the only way to go!

Been there, done that. Only at day, only at a busy location, cash only :smile:

Although I had folks over to buy speakers and let them Demo so there was no, well it didnt work when I got home. Once I got the money and they took the speaker, it was non refundable lol.....
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited April 2011
    If the meeting is going to be on the 8th, I am definately out. I can only push the audio hobby so far with the wife. LOL. Any other time, I could probably make it.