Passive LSi25?

Options
JimAckley
JimAckley Posts: 1,138
edited March 2011 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I had an idea today. I'm sure it would take a little tweaking here and there, but has anyone considered the idea of putting the LSi15 xover network in the LSi25? It's a given that you'd have to replace the amplifier with a custom plate with binding posts, but I thought it'd be cool to have a bi-ampable LSi20 (half way between the 15 and 25 :biggrin:). Plus with the room gained back by ditching the amp, you'd have plenty of space to do a nice high-end xover redo (clarity, duelund, etc.). Thoughts?
- Computer Rig -
YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
Post edited by JimAckley on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Make more since to sell your LSi25 (pocket money) - then buy LSi15 and use the pocketed money to hot rod the xovers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2011
    Options
    JimAckley wrote: »
    Thoughts?
    Not a good idea.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol fair enough. Just thought it would be interesting.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Make more since to sell your LSi25 (pocket money) - then buy LSi15 and use the pocketed money to hot rod the xovers

Agreed. An upgraded pair of LSi15s would sound better and cost less than doing significant mods to a pair of LSi25s.