East TN SW Virginia Asheville

Options
TNHNDYMAN
TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
edited February 2011 in Gatherings & Special Events
Just trying to get a feel for how many polkies may be in this area. I'm in Johnson City, TN and would love to find some others to have a little springtime PolkFest for those local. Please post your interest, location, and when might be a good time to have a get together. Thanks, Travis
2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

Post edited by TNHNDYMAN on

Comments

• cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm in knoxville. I might be interested depending on what I have going on.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Great. There's a new member (TennMan) just west of you who has a nice thread going conc capacitors vs tweeters replcmnt whom I've chatted w/ that may be interested as well. If we could get 6-20 members interested in a particular wkend I think it would be fun for all. I don't have much but would be willing to host or any other's out there that would like to either way more of a shoot the breeze and enjoy type of gathering I'm thinking.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TNHNDYMAN are you ever in Boone? I'm there every Friday, at least, would love to meet a fellow polkie for lunch! If it was in Johnson City on a Saturday I may be able to make it, and would give me an excuse to start stockpiling for the Fourth.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited February 2011
    Options
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    TNHNDYMAN are you ever in Boone? I'm there every Friday, at least, would love to meet a fellow polkie for lunch! If it was in Johnson City on a Saturday I may be able to make it, and would give me an excuse to start stockpiling for the Fourth.

Boone NC, home of Appalachian State University! Been there a couple times myself (and got a hoodie to prove it). Cool place for sure. The way water crawls through the campus is awesome!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @ cody

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @ cody- yeah I've been to Boone quite a few times, it's a beautiful area. Appy State is a nice campus and that area is becoming a mecca for retirees wanting mt views and cheap cost of living. What part of west NC are you located? I'd love to meet up for lunch sometime. We are down to 1 car currently and my wife is in nursing school so going over the mt would take a little heads up notice, but I'm up for anything local. My 12 yr old son will be starting Little League again towards end of March so the weekends can get hectic but I'd really love to meet some fellow polkies. You can see from my sig that my equipment is nothing too special but I'm certainly willing to host a get together and enjoy cooking out and blasting some tunes.

• codyc1ark
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm in Wilkes, and work on the road. So I'm up in Boone, Jefferson, Banner Elk, Newland, etc... Quite a bit. We'll have to try and work out something now that its warming up.
  • whalebird
    whalebird Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Howdy. I'm in Spruce Pine. Boone, Newland, banner Elk, and Asheville are all easy for me. Not a "polkie", but I enjoy all audio, and learn a lot from other enthusiasts.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Welcome whalebird-
    If we ever get anything put together, you are certainly invited. What type of gear do you have? I'm always open to hearing other gear and peoples impressions.

• whalebird
    whalebird Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Real simple. I have an ADCOM 545II amp, Adcom preamp, Adcom CD player. Currently running Fried Beta signiture series bookshelfs. I also have a set of von Schweikert VR1s bookshelfs. Lots of room for improvement I'm sure.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think something mid June would be best for a good showing and time to plan on who could bring what gear ect.. however if anyone is in the area sometime sooner don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and lunch or something would be fun too.

• codyc1ark
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sounds good to me, the only thing we have planned so far this year is Memorial Day weekend, 3 day trip down the New River. Keep us in the loop!