MIT CVT-1 Cable Demo/Review Round 3

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,862
edited March 2016 in 2 Channel Audio
The MIT CVT-1 cable demo/review is back. Yay!

Club Polk and MIT would like to thank Ricardo for running Round 2.

These will be the same cables as in Round 2. That is an 8' pair (1 set) of speaker cables (single run) and two pairs of 1 meter locking RCA interconnects (2 sets). The MSRP on these cables is about $2900.00. This is a great way to try out high end cables for very little money.

This round will basically start off where Round 2 ended. I have removed a few names as they are no longer active members or have requested to be removed. If you want to be on the list, have read, understand and meet the requirements contact me via email or PM. If you want off the list, please notify me. This round will be restricted to the 48 continuous as shipping over the border is costly (fees and duties) and therefore is not fair to the person shipping.

REQUIREMENTS:

-More than six months in Club Polk of ACTIVE and PRODUCTIVE participation.

-Positive Feedback in our Flea Market.

-You will provide to me via email or PM your full name, home address, email address and 2 phone numbers before you can participate. Failure to provide that info will result in you being removed from the list.

-You'll have to pay for shipping (and packaging if needed) when you send them to the next in line. They can only be shipped via UPS or FedEx with tracking, signature required and insured for $1500.00. Please be aware that the shipping cost may be more than you realize. If you can't handle that, don't sign up.

-If there is any damage or the cables are lost, the sender will need to file and follow up the claim with the carrier.

HOW IT WORKS:

-Each demo will last no more than 2 weeks. That is plenty of time to demo these and will allow more people to get their ears on them in a shorter time frame.

-Highlighted name on the list means the cables are in your possession.

-I will provide to each sender the shipping info for the next person in line via the email address you provide. Make sure they are accurate.

-The sender will provide to me via email or PM the tracking info when you ship.

-The receiver will notify me via email or PM when the cables arrive. Your 2 week demo time starts then.

-I don't want to hear any excuses about delays in shipping. In fact, I don't care if you are dead, just ship them. I hope that is clear enough.

-Once you are done, you must post a review in this thread within one week, outlining your experience/thoughts of how the cables sound, be it better or worse than what you compared them with. It doesn't have to be a professional review, just write something. A list of associated gear would be nice. Failure to post a review will result in the closure of the demo program. Believe it when I say, you do not want that on your shoulders.

-The cables will be sent back to MIT once the demo is finished. This could be once there's no more people on the list or at any time MIT decides they want them back. MIT may want to swap these cables out with another model at some point. If that happens, the next person on the list will get extra demo time to allow for burn in.

-These are not your cables, so treat them with respect. One speaker cable network box is dented on the side already, let's try to not damage them further. Do not apply any kind of air freshener, funk juice, etc. to the cables and this is very important, do not attempt to open the network boxes.

Enjoy!!!

Here's the demo participant's list:

MITDemoRound3.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Outfitter03
    Outfitter03 Posts: 563
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pm Sent. Thanks to the organizers for setting this up. This looks like a remarkable opportunity, especially for people like myself that live at least 500 miles away from other active Polk Members.
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Awesome that this is still going... if all goes well I should see the cables in about a year!
  • dbaldus
    dbaldus Posts: 730
    edited February 2011
    Options
    PM sent...

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • F1nut
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Outfitter03 and dbaldus, you have been added to the list. Thanks!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    edited February 2011
    Options
    WHHHOOOOoooooHHHOOOOoooooo!!!!

We're back in business! Thanks F1nut, the powers that be and MIT for making this happen once again. Folks, this is a great opportunity to hear MIT in your own rig, for little to no cost and some comments about what you observed.

What are you waiting for?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Returned your PM Jesse,

Thanx for spear heading this and for the folks at MIT for allowing this again. Looking forward to putting the cables in the 2 ch rig.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2011
    Options
    PM send Jesse

thanks
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    edited February 2011
    Options
    To help me keep better track of things.....

Green means you have submitted your info and meet the requirements.
    Yellow means the cables are in your possession.
    Red means you have finished the demo.
    White means I need to hear from you if you still want to take part.

BTW, we're off and running. The cables were shipped to Conradicles. He should have them in a few days.

President of Club Polk

• doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    edited February 2011
    Options
    PM Sent

Thank you Jexxe
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited February 2011
    Options
    PM sent. Thanks for making this happen. This hobby is a lot of fun but gets really expensive the deeper you get into it. This kind of demo allows you to hear in our own rigs the improvements a set of wires can make.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • dbaldus
    dbaldus Posts: 730
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bikerboy wrote: »
    This kind of demo allows you to hear in our own rigs the improvements a set of wires can make.

...and then be tempted to spend the money once you hear that improvements the cables can make.

I, for one, have my fingers crossed that they WON'T make a difference, simply so I don't plant the seed in my mind that I need to drop a few thousand on cable upgrades :tongue:

Obviously, since I'm signed up for this demo, I have an open mind and completely agree with you on how awesome this opportunity is! Thanks again to all of those who made this happen...

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • virtualdean
    virtualdean Posts: 286
    edited February 2011
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    WHHHOOOOoooooHHHOOOOoooooo!!!!

We're back in business! Thanks F1nut, the powers that be and MIT for making this happen once again. Folks, this is a great opportunity to hear MIT in your own rig, for little to no cost and some comments about what you observed.

What are you waiting for?

A positive (non-zero) membership sales rating?

Oh well..:smile:
  • F1nut
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Due to a technical difficultly, Conradicles amp doesn't take spades or bananas, only pins, which are being shipped to him and will be included for the rest of the demo program, I have extended his demo time by one week.

President of Club Polk

• PolkClyde
    PolkClyde Posts: 662
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dbaldus wrote: »
    ...and then be tempted to spend the money once you hear that improvements the cables can make.

I, for one, have my fingers crossed that they WON'T make a difference, simply so I don't plant the seed in my mind that I need to drop a few thousand on cable upgrades :tongue:

Obviously, since I'm signed up for this demo, I have an open mind and completely agree with you on how awesome this opportunity is! Thanks again to all of those who made this happen...

cable upgrades, sure did make a difference in my rig,even before I got my ears cleaned. :) MIT all the way,baby!
    PolkAudioClyde
  • PolkClyde
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    This right here is an example of why this place is so cool!

You guys that do not own MIT cables are very lucky to get this opportunity.

I on the other hand know what they can do for a system. The bad part about my system is that I am bi-amping and I need 2 pairs of speaker cables :(

Jesse can we arrange a Demo for two pairs of shotgun speaker cables?

Sal

I always wanted to own MIT Shotgun cables.I used to go to Reeltrouble 1's house with my lips dripping,after seeing all of his Shotgun cables.but now,Thank God,I found favor, and have shotgun cables through out my entire rig.I have a pair, brand new, still in the box. My 1.2 Polks, sound so much sweeter.Sounded even better after the Ear cleanse.HAHA
    PolkAudioClyde
  • PolkClyde
    edited February 2011
    Options
    When I decide on bi-amping ,i'm going to have to start all over again. Two pairs of MIT Shotgun Speaker cables, and two more mono blocks power amps........that's coming in the future.
    PolkAudioClyde
  • F1nut
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Messiah's name has been removed because of the issues with him not shipping the cables in grimmace19's thread.

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi Jesse!

Could you add me to the list? Thanks!
    Carl

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,048
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Shipped and I sent you the tracking # Jesse. Attached is a review via PDF.
    Thanks!!!:smile:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,094
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nice review Conradicles!

Jesse, throw me on the list as well. I am moving and I'd love to hear these again as well as in my new digs. Plus this will give me a chance to write a proper review.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Outfitter03
    Outfitter03 Posts: 563
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the review Conradicles. I like the format you followed and the .pdf file approach also.

Can't wait to give these a try. The challenge will then be to find something that isn't $3,000 but has the MIT goodness.

I didn't see it in the review but did you try the speaker cables without the MIT interconnects? Just wondering how much was lost without the synergy of both in the set.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,048
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I didn't see it in the review but did you try the speaker cables without the MIT interconnects? Just wondering how much was lost without the synergy of both in the set.

I did not try that. Probably should have but I was enjoying the music so much it never crossed my mind.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2011
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    To help me keep better track of things.....

Green means you have submitted your info and meet the requirements.
    Yellow means the cables are in your possession.
    Red means you have finished the demo.
    White means I need to hear from you if you still want to take part.

I have changed the red to blue as the red caused some funky things to happen with the name. Therefore, blue means you have finished the demo.

President of Club Polk

• tcrossma
    tcrossma Posts: 1,301
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The cables arrived today. Let the testing begin!
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey Jesse, I meet all the requirements except the positive feedback in the flea market. Am I still able to participate in the demo or no?

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • F1nut
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jeff, not at this time. Sell or buy something and I'd be happy to add your name to the list.

President of Club Polk

• wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Np Jesse, I'll find something to buy or sell by then I'm sure.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dibbs! :biggrin:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • iskandam
    iskandam Posts: 704
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PM replied. Excited about this!!
  • tcrossma
    tcrossma Posts: 1,301
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The cables have been shipped to the next person in line.

After I do some listening with my old cables back in the mix a review/evaluation will be forthcoming.

Thanks to MIT, Jesse, Polk (and anybody else involved) for making this possible.
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH