Post a music video

15678911»

Comments

• obieoneobieone Posts: 5,050
    edited January 5
    Some old school stuff for y'all B)

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,531
    edited January 6
    Wow! I can remember when Mahogany Rush was more well-known than Rush. :p

I should check online to see what my old vinyl copies of "Child of the Novelty" and "Strange Universe" are worth. :o

In the meantime, this brings me back to the spring of 1982 when I graduated from high school. "Strange Dreams" from the Frank Marino "Juggernaut" album.

• obieoneobieone Posts: 5,050
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Wow! I can remember when Mahogany Rush was more well-known than Rush. :p

I should check online to see what my old vinyl copies of "Child of the Novelty" and "Strange Universe" are worth. :o

In the meantime, this brings me back to the spring of 1982 when I graduated from high school. "Strange Dreams" from the Frank Marino "Juggernaut" album.

Strange Dreams was the best sounding track I ever heard from FM/MR. Really clean sounding.

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 708
    edited January 8
    I think this is just about "Perfect"!

Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
    Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,531
    R.I.P. France Gall (1947 - 2018)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_sucettes

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,624
    posted on audioasylum today: Lonnie Johnson.

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,388
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    posted on audioasylum today: Lonnie Johnson.

I think there's a problem with this video, as it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre, although when viewed on its own merit, it does have a decent groove. However, what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies,One is even reminded of Laurie Anderson when she wore curlers. This video speaks less to the heart, and more to the ****. and other bands that bear the mantle of so-called alternative rock. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from... AAAAAHHH!!! OW!!! Whoa, what happened?
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Yeah, I know what you mean -- I've seen so many videos of these older men ripping off Led Zeppelin. You'd think Page & Plant would take those poseurs to court, wouldn't you?

:#
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 654
    How's this for obscure?
    One of my kid's originals. Video from last year.
    Don't get the point of the video, but the kids seem to dig it.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Polk PSW 350 Sub

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
    not necessarily obscure but (given the future that lay ahead of the artist) a little unsettling... and (I would opine, at any rate) very good.

• verbverb Posts: 2,559
    Jerome Mazza - Very Kansas-esque.
    In fact he did a collaboration with Steve Walsh recently entitled "Black Butterfly". From Jerome's first self-titled album:
    2CH: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,971
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    How's this for obscure?
    One of my kid's originals. Video from last year.
    Don't get the point of the video, but the kids seem to dig it.

Very nice! Is your daughter the singer, or is this one of her compositions?

so... I heard both of these performances last night on VT Public Radio's excellent
    program All the Traditions. I thought that both were really, really dandy -- so I share them here, strictly as-is and FWIW. YMMV, no warranty express or implied, no bailment created -- et cetera, et cetera et cetera.

• Tony MTony M Posts: 5,355
    edited April 18
    Little Feat Classic!
    "Rock and Roll Doctor"
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,355
    edited April 18
    I've posted alot of Little Feat videos today and one tonight.

I go out tonight to eat at a local burger grill and what's the first band and 2nd band I hear coming from the speakers overhead...LITTLE FEAT ..LOL. I Loved it!

Little Feat. Feats don't fail me now. B)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    It don't get much better than Feats. :)

15678911»