Southern Maryland Get Together-Mar 2011

TNRabbit
TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
I'm planning a gathering of Carverphiles, with a few sprinklings of Polkies, Klipschers, and possibly even AudioKarmites:

* On or about March 12, 2011 (Sat), noon-ish to whenever (will firm up in the next couple of weeks)
* At my place in Lusby, MD
* PM me for contact info/address & to screen out any particularly annoying or crazy jerkwads :wink:

Gordon is exempt from the last requirement~
TNRabbit
NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
Sunfire TG-IV
Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
Carver AL-III Speakers
Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
Post edited by TNRabbit on

Comments

• wayne3burk
    wayne3burk Posts: 939
    edited February 2011
    I'd certainly be interested ... in dropping in and giving your Carvers a listen.

-- wayne --
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie
  • TNRabbit
    edited February 2011
    Where are you located, Wayne?
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited February 2011
    TNRabbit wrote: »
    I'm planning a gathering of Carverphiles, with a few sprinklings of Polkies, Klipschers, and possibly even AudioKarmites:

* On or about March 12, 2011 (Sat), noon-ish to whenever (will firm up in the next couple of weeks)
    * At my place in Lusby, MD
    * PM me for contact info/address & to screen out any particularly annoying or crazy jerkwads :wink:

Gordon is exempt from the last requirement~

Have you started to fit in as a good ol'boy, by gawd capn? :tongue:

Maybe start at the Tiki Bar at Solomons' to get the juices flowin'?

Hope ya'll have a good time!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • TNRabbit
    edited February 2011
    Dude; I'm from TENNESSEE; good 'ole boy status was there AT BIRTH~:tongue:
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • TNRabbit
    edited February 2011
    SACD player on premises, so bring 'em if ya got 'em.
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited February 2011
    Def. thinking about this
  • TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    Last chance....for me for directions.
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    ...PM me, that is~
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2011
    Hope you guys have fun. Take some pics.
  • TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    Thanks; will do!
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2011
    How did it go Gary ???
  • TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    It was fun....but only half the folks who said they would come showed up. I'll post pics & give more details later.....working on stuff right now~
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2011
    It was fun....but only half the folks who said they would come showed up. I'll post pics & give more details later.....working on stuff right now~

sounds like a good time....
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2011
    Check out the pic's and comments Here

It looks like there were some good folk, fine tunes and a fun time. I wish that I could have been there. Nice get together is what this hobby is all about.:smile:
    Carl

• TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    I'm getting too lazy; all the pics are here:

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TNRabbit/Audio/Rabbit%20Den%20Audiofest%20March%202011/?start=all

Thanks to all who came. P*ss on all who didn't~

We had a blast; started at 1200 noon & went to around 10:30 p.m. I (& I'm sure some others) had way too much to drink & played music too loud, as well as shooting some pool. Nobody went hungry & I think we heard everything each person brought, whether it was a 3-terabyte hard drive with 17,000 songs played through an Eastern Electric DAC, or compact discs of selected music, or MIT interconnects. Thanks again to everyone for making the trek; it was great to see those I hadn't seen in a couple of years & it was good to meet new folks!
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to be lazy & quote from another site:
    tinpan wrote:
    Rabbit's Briar patch

Yesterday TNRabbit hosted his annual get together. I was a little late, having stopping by another buddies house to check out his system. I think I got everyone's name and forum handle correctly, if notI'm sure la'll let me know

IMG_3538-vi.jpg
    When i got there I found Thuffman, Master Blaster, Rainman and Madmaster checking out Rabbit's 5.1 SACD tunes

IMG_3519-vi.jpg
    Rabbit was showing Graham, I think his name is Graham, anyway I'm calling him Graham, all of the Sunfire and Rane components he has.

IMG_3506-vi.jpg
    Here is Madmaster, after talking with him I learned he has one helluva set up at home. I'm sure we'll be checking that one out soon

IMG_3514-vi.jpg
    Rabbit uses this table to hold the remotes for his Sunfire set up. You can see those awesome speakers in the background. Madmaster would take not of where Tom was sitting and gradually increase the speaker volume up.

IMG_3524-vi.jpg
    Madmaster had Gypsy Woman cranked up to -8.5 on the TG IV and Tom stayed right there, enduring all 16 minutes of that song. What was that Tom? Did you say something? What...?

I must say, I have never heard that song that loud, boy did it sound wonderful. It gave a good testimonial how the Rane gear can help your system...what Tom?

IMG_3529-vi.jpg
    Here's Grahm, Funut and Madmaster in the listening position..Madmaster, what's that in your hand? I thought so, Madmaster is evil with the volume control. That look on his face is pure delight

IMG_3538-vi.jpg
    Later on MB and Rainman would move over to the listening spot

IMG_3510-vi.jpg
    Here's madmaster, F1nut and Thuffman enjoying the tunes and ice'd cold beverages

Continued...
    tinpan wrote:
    Rabbit's Briar patch

Yesterday TNRabbit hosted his annual get together. I was a little late, having stopping by another buddies house to check out his system. I think I got everyone's name and forum handle correctly, if notI'm sure la'll let me know

IMG_3538-vi.jpg
    When i got there I found Thuffman, Master Blaster, Rainman and Madmaster checking out Rabbit's 5.1 SACD tunes

IMG_3519-vi.jpg
    Rabbit was showing Graham, I think his name is Graham, anyway I'm calling him Graham, all of the Sunfire and Rane components he has.

IMG_3506-vi.jpg
    Here is Madmaster, after talking with him I learned he has one helluva set up at home. I'm sure we'll be checking that one out soon

IMG_3514-vi.jpg
    Rabbit uses this table to hold the remotes for his Sunfire set up. You can see those awesome speakers in the background. Madmaster would take not of where Tom was sitting and gradually increase the speaker volume up.

IMG_3524-vi.jpg
    Madmaster had Gypsy Woman cranked up to -8.5 on the TG IV and Tom stayed right there, enduring all 16 minutes of that song. What was that Tom? Did you say something? What...?

I must say, I have never heard that song that loud, boy did it sound wonderful. It gave a good testimonial how the Rane gear can help your system...what Tom?

IMG_3529-vi.jpg
    Here's Grahm, Funut and Madmaster in the listening position..Madmaster, what's that in your hand? I thought so, Madmaster is evil with the volume control. That look on his face is pure delight

IMG_3538-vi.jpg

IMG_3510-vi.jpg
    Here's madmaster, F1nut and Thuffman enjoying the tunes and ice'd cold beverages

Continued...
    tinpan wrote:
    Rabbit's Briar patch

IMG_3538-vi.jpg

IMG_3519-vi.jpg

IMG_3506-vi.jpg

IMG_3514-vi.jpg

IMG_3524-vi.jpg

IMG_3529-vi.jpg

IMG_3538-vi.jpg

IMG_3510-vi.jpg

Continued...
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    on 1300042521:
    Rabbit patch continued

IMG_3515-vi.jpg
    Here's Rabbitt showing Graham how we all wake up and pray to the Sunfire before we begin the day. Ehm..cough..cough..hack..wheeze..er...what's that center channel speaker?

IMG_3523-vi.jpg
    Here's Rainman, F1nut and Thuffman relaxing by the pool...er table

IMG_3527-vi.jpg
    Here is rabbit convincing Thuffman that this is the remote control for the Rane units.

IMG_3526-vi.jpg
    While Tom enjoy's his favorite ice'd cold beverage

IMG_3531-vi.jpg
    Rainman, not believing what he is seeing, quickly moves in to capture the moment...I dunno, something to do with Tom's drink of choice

IMG_3534-vi.jpg
    Rainman made a move towards the bar and Rabbit moved in to intercept him, Thuffman is giving that look like he's seen that before.

IMG_3522-vi.jpg
    Here's Madmaster, Rainman, F1nut and Thuffman enjoying the music.

It was a great time, I had to roll out of there a little early, but I had a good time meeting some folks from different forums. Looking forward to next time

TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • korytirk
    korytirk Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    wrote:
    baltimore seo consultant

Any suggestiosn on where to find a baltimore seo?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited March 2011
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2011
    I'm getting too lazy; all the pics are here:

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TNRabbit/Audio/Rabbit%20Den%20Audiofest%20March%202011/?start=all

Thanks to all who came. P*ss on all who didn't~

We had a blast; started at 1200 noon & went to around 10:30 p.m. I (& I'm sure some others) had way too much to drink & played music too loud, as well as shooting some pool. Nobody went hungry & I think we heard everything each person brought, whether it was a 3-terabyte hard drive with 17,000 songs played through an Eastern Electric DAC, or compact discs of selected music, or MIT interconnects. Thanks again to everyone for making the trek; it was great to see those I hadn't seen in a couple of years & it was good to meet new folks!

Sounds and looks like a great time Gary! Wish I could have been there! (Btw, I just p!ssed on myself for not going.) I do hope I can make it next time you throw out an invite. :smile:

Ed
  • TNRabbit
    edited March 2011
    Ed, if you're ever down this way, give me a call & we'll have our own mini-gtg~
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer