any Pacific Northwest Polkies want to host a weekend gathering in Spring 2011?

Options
danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
Just putting out the feelers to see if any Northwest Polkie would be interested in hosting a gathering this upcoming spring? Thinking some time around March, April or May.

let me know if anyone else would enjoy one? :smile:
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I would enjoy going to one probably.. not sure my house is suitable for "hosting" though =)

Spokane-ite Polkie..

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Al, I will be there whenever, wherever it is. As you know, my place is too small to host it. But i'll definitely attend.
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just a note to any Pacific northwest Polkies that want a good excuse to come to San Diego, there will more than likely be a meet sometime in April.:smile:

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi Al,
    I would be willing to host a meet at my house. The 2.3s are sounding great and I still have the sdaIIs. My place isnt real big but it should work unless 20 people show up.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm in.

Jeff's house would be an option, but like he said it's not huge in his basement. Sorry Jeff, you'd have to move a few bikes...

I now have a new building in Marysville so I'm not in Kirkland anymore, but I could give the GM there a call and we can do the same thing we did last year if anyone wants to.
  • punk-roc
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I could probably be persuaded to travel to the westside.. especially if the only eastern WA polkie's are dangerboy and myself.. it'd be hard to justify making a bunch of other drive over here hahah

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • danger boy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bikerboy wrote: »
    Hi Al,
    I would be willing to host a meet at my house. The 2.3s are sounding great and I still have the sdaIIs. My place isnt real big but it should work unless 20 people show up.

Jeff,

If you are willing to host a group of guys.. i think your house would be a good place. I'd be willing to help out with whatever was needed. With the turnout we had last Feb.. there are enough people to help make this work.

Lets talk more about it... even if it's a small group. it would still be fun to meet other people face to face. I and i'm sure others would enjoy hearing the 2.3's and the 2's.

Lets think about months/days this will work for you Jeff.

Some suggestions... a Saturday say in April, early afternoon, or late morning. then later if people wanted we could go out for some food. I'd prob get a room somewhere in the area, as it's a bit to much to drive back home to Spokane.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    I'm in.

Jeff's house would be an option, but like he said it's not huge in his basement. Sorry Jeff, you'd have to move a few bikes...

I now have a new building in Marysville so I'm not in Kirkland anymore, but I could give the GM there a call and we can do the same thing we did last year if anyone wants to.

Jake,

That is certainly a good option too. I don't want to disturb or inconvinence any residents. but if other places don't work.. then we sure could work with whatever you can work out.

I heard a lot of good feedback from last years meet. Both from the hardcore Polkies and the newbies that were there. We had a good variety of speakers and gear to demo.. met some good people and overall everyone had a good time. Would be fun to have this be an annual spring gathering.. something to look forward to.
  • punk-roc
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd be interested for sure.. Spent the last year or so trying to get started in this ole' hobby.. and the rabbit hole is getting slipperier and slipperier =)

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • zingo
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I should have some fun new gear by the time the meet comes around... :biggrin:
  • bikerboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I would be happy to host a meet. I can make more space in the mancave so I think it would work. I think where ever it happens we need a pair of big sdas so that everyone can hear what they are all about. I know that many at the last meet hadn't heard sdas until they heard my sdaII. I don't expect anyone to bring a pair of big sdas to a meet. Way too much risk and trouble. But I am open to any location.
    Jake-Lets try for a weekend soon to check out the new dac ect.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • danger boy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    punk-roc wrote: »
    I'd be interested for sure.. Spent the last year or so trying to get started in this ole' hobby.. and the rabbit hole is getting slipperier and slipperier =)

Jason

do not miss this meet up... just saying. it's tons of fun.. some really cool speakers and gear.

we get to hear and see some cool gear... and whats better than hanging out with other crazy audiophiles? :tongue:
  • punk-roc
    edited January 2011
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    do not miss this meet up... just saying. it's tons of fun.. some really cool speakers and gear.

we get to hear and see some cool gear... and whats better than hanging out with other crazy audiophiles? :tongue:

Listening to their gear maybe? =)

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • dcmeigs
    dcmeigs Posts: 707
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Great idea. I'd come for sure if it was June 1st or later. I doubt I'll be back before then.
    The world is full of answers, some are right and some are wrong. - Neil Young
  • Tonysfester
    Tonysfester Posts: 19
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • danger boy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    any more talk about having a meet in the Seattle area this spring? just looking to keep thing alive.

April maybe?
  • bikerboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hi Al,
    Once the Pass Labs Aleph 30 gets here I will be happy to have a meet. It should be here today I hope. PM me with a date and we'll have a little PF. The mancave is sounding very good!
  • zingo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jeff, we still need to have a little Sabre32 DAC comparison, as well as I'm dying to hear my Klipsch speakers with a Pass amplifier. Do any week nights work for you?
  • punk-roc
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I now have a W4S Dac-2 I could bring over =)
    2-Channel - So far...
  • zingo
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • danger boy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bikerboy wrote: »
    Hi Al,
    Once the Pass Labs Aleph 30 gets here I will be happy to have a meet. It should be here today I hope. PM me with a date and we'll have a little PF. The mancave is sounding very good!

sweet Jeff!

I'll PM you a date in the next couple days.. and see if that works for you.. prob looking at early April right now though..
  • danger boy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    punk-roc wrote: »
    I now have a W4S Dac-2 I could bring over =)

I see a DAC shoot out in the works.. :wink:

everyone who ows one could bring their DAC, and we can swap them out... keeping the transport/player and cables the same.. just swap out DAC units.. that would be fun. see what differences we like/dislike :biggrin:
  • bikerboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hi,
    Al has proposed Saturday, April 16th afternoon for the meet. I like that so if others agree we should make that the day. Now where? I would be happy to have it at my place. If that isnt good for others lets hear it. The Pass amp is here and sounds sweet on the sdas! I might even have a better vinyl rig by then. Lets nail this down.
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sounds good to me.
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I know for sure I had a blast last year, and would be more than willing to participate in another one this year. The only thing I have aquired since then (besides the set of TSi 500's that I won in a raffle there) is a set of Peerless Monitor 10A's, other than that I have the same stuff I had last year. I could bring anything at all in my sig. though (although I doubt there would be much intrest in anything besides the 10's) I have been away from the Polk site for awhile as I have had some hurdles to overcome in my life recently, hopefully by April I should have them straightened out one way or the other. Also, the timing is perfect for this meet, as the following weekend I will be "out of town" on my two week rotation to Moses Lake for our runway closure here at Fairchild. Thanks Al for bringing this to our attention, and hopefully we can get the details hammered out and get max participation.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • danger boy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sounds like things are falling in place for an April mini-Polkfest
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Had a great time last year. I'll be there....:smile:
  • zingo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Enjoy the mini-fest guys as I already have a work engagement for that day. I know it will be a blast.

Jeff, this still means that you and I need to get together for some listening as I don't have the excuse, "I'll just see you at the 'fest". :biggrin:
  • danger boy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    Enjoy the mini-fest guys as I already have a work engagement for that day. I know it will be a blast.

Jeff, this still means that you and I need to get together for some listening as I don't have the excuse, "I'll just see you at the 'fest". :biggrin:

We're going to miss having you there.... wish things would have worked out... :smile:
  • danger boy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this thread sure hit the skids .. where is everyone??