ONLINE BULLYING (referred as Cyber-bullying)

Options
TECHNOKID
TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
edited November 2010 in The Clubhouse
Well, we are aware of bullying in real tangible life, we seen or lived it at school work etc...

Now, dealing with so called grown-up bullying seems to be as present as ever if not worse. I guess people grow with this under their skin and age does not matter, it is simply part of them.
Bullying is a form of abuse. It involves repeated acts over time attempting to create or enforce one person's (or group's) power over another person (or group) , thus an "imbalance of power".[2] The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a target. Bullying types of behavior are often rooted in a would-be bully's inability to empathize with those whom he or she would target.

Bullying consists of three basic types of abuse – emotional, verbal and physical. It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as psychological manipulation. Bullying can be defined in many different ways

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

Now, this has not change much and may even has got worst through the internet with the only difference that the bullying is limited to the emotional and psychological manipulation (thank God the offenders can hardly reach the physical as the internet is not yet that sophisticated to allow the offender(s) such mania).
Cyber-bullying "involves the use of information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group that is intended to harm others."
definition of cyber-bullying is "when the Internet, cell phones or other devices are used to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass another person
ganging up on victims by making them the subject of ridicule in forums, and posting false statements as fact aimed at humiliation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber-bullying

Fact is I unfortunately noticed such here at CP on way too many occasions. The goal of this post is not to flame but rather to educate on this sad and pathetic reality. How to avoid this, how to not be emotional about such and while remaining a good Club Polk member how not to give in to this pathetic behavior of some?

I can understand that we can not always but we simply have to agree to disagree while still respecting others around us.

I can understand that some characters will never get along, there are some that crosses and it is simple fire and water, they simply don't mix however, again respect applies! Don't cross path with them, avoid them simple as that!

I can understand that for the welfare of Club Polk a whole and the Polk company, some people simply don't belong (IE: spammers, trollers...), still respect is still applicable! Your only recourse is to report them, NOTHING else, let the mods deal with them after you report them.

The bullies, you still have to show respect and can not play their game as I witness in the past that if you reply to them, get in their game YOU will more likely be the one that's BANNED!!! Your only recourse? REPORT THEM, DO NOT RESPOND to THEM, and carry on. My motto on this, learn n to ignore ignorance.

Lately there has been a bullying thread calling the thread by the members name and focusing at humiliating him. This particular one I paid attention more than usual but I know this happened before on many occasions.

I am not sure but for one it seems like the thread has been deleted (Thank GOD!). However, the sad thing is it seems like the member simply vanished along with his threads (I can no longer find a trace of him on CP and that is leading me to believe the member has given in to the bullying tactic of the offender). This is very sad as NO ONE should ever be a victim of such and the only way is not to give in to bullying, standing up for your own in a gentlemen/gentlewomen manner meaning by that YOU MUST REPORT the OFFENDERS, not let them affect you emotionally or psychologically. JUST REPORT, carry on and ignore ignorance. Many of YOU are Polk owners and were invited to join this forum, YOU deserve it and are free to move about the forum at will while keeping in mind the rules and act accordingly.

Now, I can see some people getting anxious about getting on this thread and flame away. To the mods, I URGE you NOT too close this thread but rather put a sticky to it, reword it if you think my phrasing isn't appropriate and simply close it if it get out of line. YOU however should keep it alive for the sake of Polk's new members and clients. Let the thread live so they can be prepared to face such in an appropriate manner without giving in to BULLYING. BULLYING exist on line, it unfortunately exist here at Club Polk like anywhere else in the world. BULLYING should be prosecuted and it would be nice to see Polk getting involved for the good of their members and clients.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2

Cheers!
TK
DARE TO SOAR:
“Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
Post edited by TECHNOKID on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh good grief....what a crock! :rolleyes:

reported
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think I am going to go order myself another layer of skin - obviously some folks is a lil thin and I need to compensate for that...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    Oh good grief....what a crock! :rolleyes:

reported

You bully!:tongue:
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Suck it up!!! Life's a ****, get over it.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Really? A sticky so people can come express their feelings about being bullied?

smiley-laughing013.gif
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I feel offended and bullied by the original poser .......... errrrr I mean poster. OMG, get a life and a set of balls.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • wayne3burk
    wayne3burk Posts: 939
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yep -- The member that was singled out seems to have disappeared from this forum. So if that was the intent of the other OP then mission accomplished.

\!/I'm just saying\!/

-- wayne --
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hey No Tech Kid. You have come a long way here, but you still act like a **** some times.
    I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving brother. Be vary careful about being a roll over. If you guys keep it up you will end up with our ejects!
    Take care NTK
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Although I do not know what you are referring to in regard to somebody being “bullied”, but, in general, stupid people need to be mocked, ridiculed, and scorned. Especially when they are presented with a logical, cogent explanation as to the error of their thinking, but continue with their stupidity. Otherwise, they will continue to think their opinion is actually relevant. Of course, this should be done in a kind, gentle, manner to avoid be seen as a bully. :rolleyes:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Reported...again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dr Phil?Is that you?
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I was just going to post a rolleyes post but then I realized that jvc is being discussed here without actually being discussed.

Don't worry, he wasn't "bullied" in to non-existence. He just changed his name to AudioGenics. Before that, he was jvc. Before that, he was joesph.v.chen. Seems every time he has a run in with another member or some antic of his goes too far and angers others, the name changes.

No one gets bullied here. Those whom you seem to think are bullied are only way out on left field. Kinda like you are now, well...more like always are. Nobody wants them to leave. They just want them to get in line with a bit of acceptable decorum if they are going to hang around. Something you haven't seem to have gotten in the two years you've been around here bagging on Americans, cramming your bleeding heart liberalness down our throats and just generally being a colossal, arrogant **** while telling everyone else they are colossal, arrogant douches.

You need to lighten up and stop trying to be everyone's savior. We are all capable of taking care of our selves here. Nobody needs you to chivalristically jump in and protect us from ourselves. Judging by your posts, you think we are the bullies. So I guess we should prostrate ourselves at your feet and give thanks for saving us from ourselves? Yeah, forget that.

Oh and your jokes and "one-liners" are not funny.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Suck it up!!! Life's a ****, get over it.

+1000000000000

Don't understand how one can be a victim to this bullying I mean, no one's making you read anything or stay at your computer to post/react to anything.

And if you get hurt by someone's comments, stay off the internet until you grow a pair. Just my .02

Some people around here are just too damn sensitive.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Maybe this will help you Technokid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRsGeVk073w
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you handle yourself like a man, you'll be treated like a man. Nuff said.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dude I love that quote.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Don't worry, he wasn't "bullied" in to non-existence. He just changed his name to AudioGenics. Before that, he was jvc
    Humm, true... Sad one has to run away and hide under a different identity instead of standing up to bullying, thus part of the reason for this thread.

When thinking about it, so many of your threads are totally out of Polks or audio business and yet people let you bee right? In fact, I much prefer throwing a few jokes that may not be considered as funny rather than post constant negativity like you. Must be hard for you to live with your self. Just sayin, as usual just a personal opinion...
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think in here (club Polk) if you are bullied.. you for the most part brought it upon yourself.

if you act like an ****, then you'll be treated like one.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is this about a Turkey? Not meant to bully but I ate one unknowingly. Sorry!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Get a life.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Now the other Trolls are and will come out of the wood work..

Too quite around here for you lately you had to post some BS up on the fourm??

Look you even woke X up..
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This thread wouldn't exist if you had "gonged" this sucker on day one like I suggested.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I hate threads like this. Would you like some cheese with your whine?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This thread wouldn't exist if you had "gonged" this sucker on day one like I suggested.

Quoted for truth^^^

STFU...

Friggin candyassed whistled!cks... Who raises their kids to be such wuss's??? I oughtta punk slap the daddy for letting this boy grow up to SO NOT be a man...
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 930
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Give me a break!!! I was bullyed as a kid ont he way to school, got beat up, lunch money taken and I am just fine......however better not get into a fight with me.....results will not be good for the other person......extended hospital visit
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All I can think of is R. Lee Ermy talking about Namby Pamby land.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I usually stay out of these threads, but find this one to be particularly amusing. Of ALL the forums I participate in, this is by far the mildest. It's a veritable campfire singalong compared to many, many others. I'd strongly advise stepping slowly away from the Internet if this one gets under your skin.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh for pete's sake. This is something i didn't miss while i was busy the last couple months.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I may karma him a potholder making kit for Christmas to give him something constructive to do.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,261
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "Remember when you told me to tell you when you're acting rudely and insensitively ? You're doing it right now.

One of my favorite scenes from the movie "War Games", from a speech given by hacker Jim Sting (Maury Chaykin) to fellow hacker/mega-nerd Malvin (Eddie Deezen).

If people tell you that you've got a buggar on your nose, they're not being mean, they're being helpful.
    Insist that you've got a right to have a buggar on your nose, or that it's a good thing to have a buggar on your nose, or ... ? ..... and then that's when problems come in.

Your problem, not the folks trying to be helpful.
    Are folks always as "nice" as you'd like them to be ? Probably not, but .....

....Hey ! You're the schmook with a buggar on your nose ! :smile:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNiiBrEHBWA?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNiiBrEHBWA?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Sal Palooza
This discussion has been closed.