Converting your significant other.

Options
eloplayspolo
eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
edited November 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
So, first time i took my chick out in my car she right away loved the way it sounded, she just hated she couldnt work the head unit controls very well.

I've been with this girl for 3 years now... im pretty sure shes the one.
last night she got to see my new head unit for the first time... she went nuts, she loves it.
She drives a 2003 Tacoma Double cab with a small lift and above average tires, pretty nice car, i would take it, and its her baby, she doesn't call it her car, she calls it "Chuck", thats right, Chuck the Truck...
Today i asked her again what she wanted for X-Mas, last week it was a ring from Tiffany (i dont mind buying her that stuff at all because its nice to see her wear it every day, you know she appreciates it), but today she sends me a text while im at work, where i am now....

Text Reads: "Hey, i really like your stereo, do you think that i can get one for xmas from you instead of the ring, and how much do those sub woofer things cost, i think i want one of those too".

Success!!!!!

Oh and has anyone tried a shallow mount sub behind the seats in one of those?

Im looking at going with the pioneer 10" shallow mount and a PA 300.
2013 Toyota Prius
Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
(2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
Mosconi 6to8 v8
Post edited by eloplayspolo on

Comments

• zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Luckily my wife liked audio and knew allot about it before I came along. I have never done a shallow mount sub but have heard some of those Pioneers and they do sound good. I would do a 12" if it were me.
    This is what the back of my last Toyota looked like.

Attachment not found.
  • cnoat
    cnoat Posts: 315
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Awesome!She is a keeper!
    Parasound Avc-1800
    Mains-Rti 12 -Parasound 1500a
    Center-Csi5-Parasound 1000a
    Rears-Rti 8-Parasound 750a
    Sub SVS Ultra Tv 12
    Diamondback and King Cobra IC's