PSW10 No Power - Fuse Location?

I recently noticed that I had no sound coming out of my PSW10 and that the power indicator light was not lit, even after trying different outlets. I noticed that some people had said to check the fuse to see if it was blown. My particular unit was manufactured in May '05. I opened up the back panel but was unable to find a fuse. Is there a fuse on this particular model and if so where is the location? I searched but was unable to find that information. Thank you.

Comments

• I am having this same issue, can someone rectify this.
  • Call polk cs
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Usually the AC fuse is either located in a small pocket under the removable AC power cord socket or on the other side of the amplifier input plate. To remove the amplifier input plate first unplug the AC power cord and take out the screws that go around the circumference of the input plate and use a putty knife to loosen the plate from the cabinet. Then pull the complete plate away from the cabinet and look on the back of the plate near where the AC power cord goes through the plate. There should be a fuse holder there, replace the fuse with the same rating.
    If you're still having problems telephone Polk CS at 1-800-377-7655 on Saturday morning, have the unit's serial number and place and date of purchase handy.
    Polk will get things working for you.
    Regards, Ken
  • krispy0
    krispy0 Posts: 1
    I just purchased Polk Audio PSW10 and plugged it in with no speakers attached but no power. I troubleshooted it and noticed it was a blown fuse. I purchased the same rating 2A250V, fast and slow acting and both blew as soon as I plugged it in the outlet directly. Then I tried it with the woofer plugged into the receiver but it still blew the fuse. No what? I have an email into Polk CS. I will try to call also.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It's probably best to give them a call at 1-800-377-7655 and have the serial number and date of purchase available when you contact them.