Wall Mounting RM85 system

Options
Gunny
Gunny Posts: 1
Hello all,
I recently purchased the Polk RM85 5.1 system for my new construction home. I want to mount the 2 RM8 and 2 RM7 satellites on the wall. A RM8 on each side of the TV and the RM7s as the surrounds. I'm having some trouble figuring out the best way to do this. One thing that frustrates me with these speakers is the screw hole for mounting is on the bottom. I really want to use directional wall mounts so that I can add some tilt to my speakers as they'll be mounted slightly above ear level. The mounts that come with the system are not adjustable and most adjustable wall plate mounts I've seen are really designed for speakers with mounting screw holes on the back. :/ Using these would leave most of the mounting plate exposed would not be very appealing (not something I prefer in the living room).

I'll be running the speaker wire into a gang box or bracket. I would really like to find a good set of adjustable/directional wall mounting plates that will best suit the RM series satellites. This way I will not be leaving the wall plate exposed. I really like the Pinpoint AM20 line but as I said before they may not work well with the bottom mounting RM speakers. I considered using the wall mounts that come with the system, attaching those to the speakers...then attaching those to the pinpoint mounts. This would kind of simulate a back screw mount however, I'm not sure how it would look or work out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to mount these for a clean and professional look? If anyone has wall mounted their RM satellites I'd be very interested to find out what you did. Thanks in advance! Hopefully I did not ramble too much.
Post edited by Gunny on

Comments

• dave64o
    dave64o Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Don't know if you ever got an answer but this is exactly the reason I joined the Club Polk forums! I just got the RM85 speaker set and was looking for a more flexible wall mount, found the same thing you did, and came here to see if I could find any suggestions.

Did you ever resolve this or did you just use the brackets that came with that set?
    Dave O.
    DSW 500 Pro sub and SurroundBar50
    PSW505 sub and RM85 surrounds
  • Rapaline
    Rapaline Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just got my system today and have the same questions. The instructions say to use an articulated mount, but it seems odd to have the mount arm below the speaker and aim the arm almost straight up at the bottom screw holes.
  • vineets
    Options
    Hello guys

I am having RM85 series speakers and am moving to a rented apartment.
    Unfortunately the owner is not allowing me to drill holes for the wallmount. Can you suggest any Speaker stands for the RM85 speakers as they have bottom screw mounting and am having a tough time finding a good pair of stand for this one?

Thanks
    Vineet
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. The best source of information will be with Polk CS department at polkas@polkaudio.com or telephone them at 1-800-377-7655.
    Regards, Ken
  • vineets
    Options
    Ken - the email id polkas@polkaudio.com is throwing a Mailer daemon. Is this the correct email id?
    Thanks
    Vineet
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry, that should be polkcs@polkaudio.com
  • edsonvideos
    Options
    This is a very hard to find. Did anyone find the wall mount for those rm7? could guys give me a part number or a link to buy it?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. The part number for the bracket in black is RF7156-1 the bracket in white is RF7159-1 and the attaching screw is RF7157-1. The best source to buy is polkcs@polkaudio.com and mention you have joined Club Polk.
    Regards, Ken