Pass B1 PC board

Options
FTGV
FTGV Posts: 3,649
edited June 2010 in The Clubhouse
This is for the DIY types,I have a spare so up for grabs is blank PC board for a heavily tweaked version of Pass's B1 unity gain buffer circuit.Aswell as the buffer the board contains a high performance dual polarity shunt regulator/ power supply.A big advantage of this version vs the original is that the dual polarity regulator allows for complete direct coupling.Therefore no (expensive)input or output coupling caps are needed.(I will include a bill of materials with the board).

You must have atleast 100 posts and have been a member for atleast 6 months,and pick a number between 1 and 100.

Winner to be determined by who's closest to my predetermined #before wed 6pm.
Post edited by FTGV on

Comments

• Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Definitely IN! Big DIY'er here.

My number is 48.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nice karma. When I built my B1, the board wasn't available, so I had to do it point-to-point. The board definitely makes it easier and is a little rare as well.
  • jerryj12
    jerryj12 Posts: 451
    edited June 2010
    Options
    In please. How about # 53
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited June 2010
    Options
    In please. Anything from the church of Pass is a good thing. :)

I guess 78.

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • FTGV
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just to clarify,while the buffer circuit is NP's design ,the actual PC board layout and power supply/regulator circuit were developed by some folk's over at DiyAudio.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Very nice of you Fred, not in though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nice karma Fred! Not in though as I wouldn't know where to begin!:eek::D
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hi Fred,
    Welcome back. I'm in with 42. The answer is always 42. I havent built the speakers yet. Sometime soon I hope unless a buffer is next. It would be interesting to hear what it does with the ldr preamp. Thanks for the great diy karma.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • praedet
    praedet Posts: 314
    edited June 2010
    Options
    in, #2
    HT: Ninja Master LSi9s, Ninja Master LSiC, Slightly Modded LSiFXs, Modded LSi7s, Outlaw LFM-1 EX and Polk PSW125
    Outlaw 970 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Velodyne SMS-1, Oppo BDP-83,
    2 APC H-15s and a Panamax 5400 for good measure ;)
    Stereo: DIY Alix Music Server, DODD Audio Battery Tube Buffer, Modded DAC-60 and MF V-Link (for now), DIY Silver ICs, Battery Powered Class D SDS-254 Amp, and GR-Research N2X Speakers
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Very Nice Karma,

In please, Number 57.
  • FTGV
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Joe08867 wrote: »

In please, Number 57.
    The # is 61 so joe is the closest.PM me your address and I will mail to you as soon as I can.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Congrats Joe08867
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • jerryj12
    jerryj12 Posts: 451
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »
    The # is 61 so joe is the closest.PM me your address and I will mail to you as soon as I can.

Have fun with it joe.

Thanks for the karma Fred. :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2010
    Options
    great karma Fred.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Great Karma, if had more confidence in my pure building skills I would have entered for a chance. Better it went to someone who can really build something nice.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • FTGV
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jerryj12 wrote: »

Thanks for the karma Fred. :D
    Your welcome jerry.

If he builds it to spec joe will have himself a very transparent little buffer that should sound great in a system where no extra gain is needed.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That sounds great Fred! Congrats and good luck Joe.
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited June 2010
    Options
    WOO, HOO, I never win anything. Thanks again Fred for the Karma.

I think I will go out and play the lottery.