Your land speed record?

Options

Comments

• wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited November 2001
    Options
    someone's a little combative... maybe that's why we've lost george, and almost lost russman? i'm not referring to you, TroyD, i totally agree with what you said.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Sometimes the loudest words are those left unsaid...
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I didn't mean to offend anyone or make personal attacks but that is a sensitive subject for me. Sorry guys.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Dude, turn down the sensitivity on your radar, What was said that calls for that reaction TroyD? Did I miss something?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2001
    Options
    It just seemed to me Chris was belittling George's military experience and knowledge. I really try to keep personalities out if it but that hits close to home. I overreacted and I apologize.

Let's get back to audio, shall we?

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Options

Yes! I agree Troy. Or at least get this thread back on topic.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    Options

Yeah. Please.

Or cars. Or goils. Or even home improvement tips. Whatever it is, get back to it.

Thank you.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Now I agree! I tried to say and did at 6AM lets get back to audio.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Man my car is fast! Did I mention my car is fast? Well it is....IT IS!!!!! Almost got plowed into this morning by a damn ford truck. Man I love my horn.

HOOOOONNNKKKKKK!!!!

~JB
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    Options
    ................and lets try this again.

I once fell off the fence in my backyard. Not sure how fast I was going, but it sure hurt like hell when I hit the ground.

If...
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Is there a car or other vehicle you sold and now wish you had back? My first car was a '74 Corvette. Not particularly nice or all that fast. I sold it two years ago, and I sure do miss it.
  • CHRIS
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Yeah, the first new car I owned was the one I was in the acciedent with. It was a 1 month old '86 Z28, white with maroon interior.

When I was little, like 5 years old. I was climbing this tree, I looked over and there was a huge hornets nest. Man I just let go and dropped, I was going real fast then. It scared me to death seeing them. I have a fear of hornets from back then sometime. There was a ground nest of them, my older brother and I used to mess with them. One time he decided to stomp on the ground above the nest, wrong audio frequency I quess. Man they came out and were MAD, guess who ran faster and who got stung. OUCH!!!
    Chris
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited November 2001
    Options
    i wish i had a fast vehicle. my '96 F-150 can't go over 75 without shaking like it's having a seizure!
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I've had my (companies) F150 up to 100 and she handles it well.

If...
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Fowarding Thread Post to [company] now......

...processing.....

....thank you, he had been fired.....

• Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Yeah....but, I'm still getting a paycheck. Must be a problem in accounting, better get the Bob's in here.

Where's.......my........red.......stap....ler?

If...
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    Options
    good luck with your lay-offs, i hope your firings go really well:D

to keep with the topic... talking about getting fired via treatment of company vehicles. we had a lady of our office that ran 'odd jobs' for the partner's, she wrecked two vehicles in her first month. stupid stuff too. one was backing into our garage. i think there are photos on our server, i will try to locate. the were a good laugh the first time i saw them.
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Yeeeeeahhhhh, did you get that memo?

~JB
  • localnet
    localnet Posts: 43
    edited November 2001
    Options
    It was 1993, me and a friend were test driving an older Kenworth W900 (BIG TRUCK), 18 spd, 425 Cat with some walking gears, for our dispatcher. He sent us to Amarillo, Texas. We drove a trailer down there to swap out with another driver to bring back to Springfield Mo. We made it back to Springfield 2 or 3 hours before we should have. We drove at night and knew the road, I-44, very well. I remember hitting 135 mph, and she was still going (the speedo went to 160 mph). It was totally sureal. We had over 40,000 lbs in the trailer, so the truck was not going airborn, she stuck to the road like glue. When I broke 100 mph all time seemed to stop. You could hear (feel) a pin drop in the cab. Time and reality ceased in a split second. I imagine it was because of the shear mass of an 80,000 pound vehicle moving that fast that seemed to stop or alter time. Wildest trip I ever took.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    Options
    135 in a big rig, that is nuts!!!!
  • CHRIS
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Thanks to all you big guys(big rigs). I travel at night when goin to NJ just for that reason. They all go between 80-120 on I-95 at night. Every 5 MPH faster on my over all time takes an hour off the trip, which is 1350 miles(FL to NJ). Best time so far is just under 17 hours with an average speed of just under 80. Ya know I was cookin. I don't think I will beat it, I'm getting to old and broken down to be going straight through anymore.
    I know what you mean about everything getting quiet and weird, in cars it happens too. There must be something which happens around 140 to cause it.
    Chris
  • jagwoods
    jagwoods Posts: 8
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I don't know if we have moved on or not, but I did 115 in my mom's '86 Volvo Turbo Wagon. It was one of the scariest experiences of my life, especially since I wasn't driving in a straight line. The turbo was whining, and everything in the car was shaking. My '99 Blazer is limited at about 98, I hit that all the time. I am hoping to do 140 in my '96 Impala SS hopefully coming in the near future!
  • djsSHO
    djsSHO Posts: 36
    edited November 2001
    Options
    148 in a Taurus.....:D

Of course if you know Ford cars, it was an SHO...one of the best sleeper cars ever built....

Good thing Yamaha designed the engine, or it wouda blown the bottom end out when i rev it to 7300 rpm's.....
    Derek S.
    1994 MTX SHO
    Polk MOMO 12"
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Originally posted by Micah
    "The last of the vee-eight interceptors. Be a shame to blow it up."

Hey!!! Thats my line!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2001
    Options
    i rode passenger with my brother when he went 120 in his 80 truck-it had 33s on it-it didnt even feel like the tires were touching the ground-it was like a floating-flying typle thing
    very scary...
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2001
    Options
    89 truck not 80--my bad
  • The Darkhorse
    The Darkhorse Posts: 101
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I got my 01' Strat RT up to around 132 mph while racin a old lexus of some sort. I didnt have the balls to go and study the opposing car at those sppeds so I dont know what model it was.

And I totally agree with TroyD as well.

Someone stop Chris from spoutin' his ....................wel.....you know.

The Darkhorse,
    (lets see, i own a jet, a viper, a mclaren, an oil tanker, and a small island where me Bill Gates and Bob Carver drink wine ALL DAY LONG.....................oh wait, thats not true at all)
  • FergD
    FergD Posts: 4
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I've done 160mph countless times on my souped up Kawasaki ZX-6R, but one day I was around 150mph or so and sideswiped a car (the road turned....I didn't). Long story short, the bike is no more and my leg wasn't either! Thank God for smart doctors and a year of therapy for my lifelong limp!!! Better than a wheelchair the rest of my life!
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2001
    Options
    yea don't ever mix up cycles or cars i had a lady run a stop sign and i hit her on her front fender i flew over her car the bike came to a sudden stop and after 2 knee surgerys later i still have a limp
    and have pain ever sence. but thank god for insurence settelmen

scott:cool:
  • CHRIS
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your guys acciedents. Mine was in a car 15 years ago, can't imagine what it was like on a bike. I wasn't able to go back to work after I had rods & screws put in my back in '92. Like you said thank God for the docs and for settlements. I got a good one but would give all back plus, just to walk without useing crutches or having to be in a wheel chair to go to the mall. I buy things to make the parts of my life that I have a passion for more enjoyable and get responss like ‘darkhorse’ up above. If they could only experiance the pain and other problems for a day maybe they could understand what it does to ya.
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.