Fallout 3 $25 on Steam! Oblivion and Morrowind dirt cheap too

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited June 2010 in Video Games
Found this today. Finally! Ive been waiting for over a year for this game to come down in price. Its been hung at $50 forever!!!

Dont know much about Oblivion or Morrowind but theyre less than $10 so may be worth a blind buy.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/bethesda_weekend
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2010
    I would go for Oblivion over Morrowind at $10 but it's a video card resource hog if you run a 24" monitor with every detail and shadow on high and anti-aliasing. Walking around is okay but when I'm fighting multiple encounters, the video gets choppy because I go all out on the settings. I am running an old ATI 4850 and an old Intel Q9300 with 8GB memory. Time to pickup up a 2nd 4850 for crossfire or just replace my 4850 with something newer. No problems when indoors because the 4850 isn't having to draw every blade of grass.

But man, it's gorgeous. Love looking at the sky at night, the grass blowing in the wind, the leaves rustling in the trees, and the ripples on the water. Nerd. :p
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited June 2010
    Never got into any of those games personally. Don't know why.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2010
    Wish I hadn't finally paid my $45 for a legit copy of Fallout 3 from WalMart. Oh well, it was worth the $45, IMO. I might pick up Oblivion, tho.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2010
    I would go for Oblivion over Morrowind at $10 but it's a video card resource hog if you run a 24" monitor with every detail and shadow on high and anti-aliasing. Walking around is okay but when I'm fighting multiple encounters, the video gets choppy because I go all out on the settings. I am running an old ATI 4850 and an old Intel Q9300 with 8GB memory. Time to pickup up a 2nd 4850 for crossfire or just replace my 4850 with something newer. No problems when indoors because the 4850 isn't having to draw every blade of grass.

But man, it's gorgeous. Love looking at the sky at night, the grass blowing in the wind, the leaves rustling in the trees, and the ripples on the water. Nerd. :p

Sounds like a good excuse to get a 5850! Ive got hundreds of excuses to buy one, I just dont have the 290 dollars you need to buy one. :(

This is a HUGE game though. Its been downloading since 6 PM and its now 8:15 and its only 75% done on pretty fast DSL!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • fbm211
    fbm211 Posts: 1,488
    edited June 2010
    Oblivion Rocks.You will love it.Do the arena first and become the champ to get lots of gold to buy good armor.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Adcom 565 monoblocks--Monarchy Audio M-10 preamp
    Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
    DH Labs Q-10 Signature Speaker Cables With Furez silver plated copper bananas
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference AES/EBU
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver i2s digital cable
    4 Furutech FP-314Ag with FI-11cu Plugs/FI-11AG IECs--- Power Cords
    DH LABS REVELATIONS ICs-amps
    Revelation Audio Labs Paradise cryo-silver ICs-Source to pre
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited June 2010
    Fallout 3 is in my top 5 favorite games of all time, awesome game
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2010
    Thanks to this thread I am now downloading Oblivion and FEAR!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2010
    Well, those didn't take long! I really love the school's internet connection when there aren't a lot of people online - ie, at 3:30 in the morning!
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • j allen
    j allen Posts: 363
    edited June 2010
    Good work... You've got me downloading Fallout 2 now... The best of the franchise, imo :)
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2010
    Not sure about Fallout 3. Been waiting for over a year for this one and now that Im playing it, I kinda think it sucks. I guess Im not sophisticated enough for this type of game. I prefer straight forward "here's a bunch of weapons, there's a bunch of monsters, kill em!" This rationing bullets, barely having enough of anything and wandering around forever hoping youre going in the right direction aint my cup of tea.

• fbm211
    fbm211 Posts: 1,488
    edited June 2010
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Not sure about Fallout 3. Been waiting for over a year for this one and now that Im playing it, I kinda think it sucks. I guess Im not sophisticated enough for this type of game. I prefer straight forward "here's a bunch of weapons, there's a bunch of monsters, kill em!" This rationing bullets, barely having enough of anything and wandering around forever hoping youre going in the right direction aint my cup of tea.

Dragon age is just right for you then.Go get it,you will love it.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Adcom 565 monoblocks--Monarchy Audio M-10 preamp
    Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
    DH Labs Q-10 Signature Speaker Cables With Furez silver plated copper bananas
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference AES/EBU
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver i2s digital cable
    4 Furutech FP-314Ag with FI-11cu Plugs/FI-11AG IECs--- Power Cords
    DH LABS REVELATIONS ICs-amps
    Revelation Audio Labs Paradise cryo-silver ICs-Source to pre
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited June 2010
    MacLeod wrote: »

I could not have summed it up better! I have tried numerous times to get into this game but each time I end up with no bullets and wandering miles upon miles and not knowing where I am! lol hmmmm..what's behind this door!

I guess we are the choosen few as most people love this game! :confused:

The Stalker Series, Dragon Age are two that you may like.

Nice price for the game and steam is having a sale each day so make sure you check back as there are some nice titles up for sale.

Crysis Sale Monday 50% off!
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2010
    Ok, so I bought BFBC2 Tuesday when it was on sale and just finished it. I'm left thinking...that was really short.

I'm not really a big gamer. Crysis is the only other game I've finished...ever. I just really liked BC2 (a lot!) and sat down and played a good bit, and now it's already over. I estimate I played it for between 6 and 7 hours, and I know no more than 7 hours. How long is the sp campaign supposed to last?

At least I did it on the middle difficulty setting. Now I can go back and do it on hard, and try to do all of the side missions.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]