some questions on tubes

Options
2»

Comments

• dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited July 2003
    Options
    For some used vinyl check out ebay, I've bought a few. The only problem is you have take into account shipping. That record show is a gold mine.

I'm up in Sudbury, 4 hours to T.O. The integrated is a demo with full 5 year warranty. Almost mint, just some dust I may need to clear. I've been saying I was going to check it out again this weekend for a long time and it never happens. Maybe I fix that friday after work and ... who knows. There's a young dude early 20s that i usually deal with, he's a wealth of knowledge.

Jim, it's actually not the A3.2 just A3 the one with the gold trim. I think it's the little brother of yours. 1999 model discontinued I think in 2002.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • jimlb
    jimlb Posts: 8
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Maurice - I hear the foreplay is a great value especially with some of the upgrades. I personally haven't heard it, but it seems a good way to enter in the preamp tube world, but of course looks aren't one of its specialites.
    http://www.bottlehead.com/et/et.html
    I thought of 2 other brands - Rogue Audio and Sonic Frontiers (made in Canada)

Derek, The A3 is still a heck of an amp and of course you will even get a better price on it. I'm finding the A300 has been an overkill for me. Even with the LSI15's, I'm a little over 1/4 level on the volume which is a bit frustrating!
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    That bottlehead is the best logo I've ever seen. :D

-15 on my Denon (90w) is about as loud as I go. I'm sure the cleaner and more conservative 85 on the MF will be more than enough for me.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2003
    Options
    "That bottlehead is the best logo I've ever seen"
    ROTFLMAO!!!LOL!! That's effin funny man. Mr. Bottlehead is checking out the naked dude on the right and he has a smile on his face LOL.

I'm sure the MF will have a lot more headroom and cleaner sound than Denon. Another plus would be the phono pre. If the MF has a phono pre it will be a better quality.

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Ya, maybe not the best... I didn't see him looking at that naked dude.

That's *&%^$ hilarious. :D

• dcarlson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    BTW, the MF is supposed to have a really good Phono stage.

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2003
    Options
    That dude is a chick. Check out the Straight 8s.
    Make it Funky! :)